To: Faculty and Staff
From: Marybeth Murphy, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Date: May 3, 2021
Subject: Information for Scheduling End of Semester Events
As the end of the academic year is nearly upon us, questions have been raised about hosting celebratory events for students, faculty, and staff. To help you make your decision on whether to host these events in person, virtually or to wait until next year, we bring the following guidelines for Stevens-sponsored events to your attention:
- All in-person on campus events must be scheduled through the Office of University Events’ Event Management System (EMS), including events in outdoor spaces, tents, and patios.
- A full-time employee of Stevens must be onsite for the full duration of the event, must ensure that COVID-19 protocols are followed and must record the name and contact information for each attendee to allow for contact tracing, if needed.
- All events must be planned in coordination with University Events and Stevens Catering.
- Event attendees may only include students, faculty, and staff who are eligible to be on-campus for work, living, or studying during the spring semester and are either in the weekly testing cycle or have been fully vaccinated with documentation submitted and approved by Human Resources or Student Affairs.
- All attendees must wear face coverings for the duration of the event except when eating or drinking.
- Because of the State of New Jersey’s occupancy limits for events and the continued need to de-densify the campus, individuals who are vaccinated are not automatically eligible to come to campus or participate in Stevens-sponsored events during the spring semester; to attend an on campus event they must be working, living or studying on campus.
- The Short-Term Visitor Process does not apply for campus events.
- The total number of attendees for any Stevens-sponsored event must fall within the NJ State guidelines (currently at 50-person maximum for outdoor spaces and 25-person maximum for indoor spaces).
- Event planners are strongly encouraged to reserve outdoor space and tents for your event: Lights are installed in the Palmer, Humphreys and Babbio tents for use throughout the day and night. The capacity of each tent is as follows:
- Palmer Lawn Tent: 60
- Humphreys Lawn Tent: 36
- Morton/Kidde/Peirce Quad Tent: 36
- Babbio Patio West Tent: 44
Off-Campus Events Sponsored and/or Funded by Stevens:
- Outdoor events are strongly recommended.
- A full-time employee of Stevens must be onsite for the full duration of the event and must ensure that COVID-19 protocols are followed.
- Faculty, staff, students, and their guests may attend an off-campus event provided that the occupancy guidelines and COVID-19 protocols of the event venue (restaurant) are followed.
- Masks must be worn except when eating or drinking.
- All attendees must follow New Jersey travel guidelines, including quarantine.
- Employees must adhere to Stevens Travel and Reimbursement Policy.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of University Events at x3563 or [email protected]