The spring 2021 Academic Calendar has been modified to allow ample time for travel, preparations, and the potential need for quarantining and COVID-19 testing prior to the start of the semester. Major changes include:
- The first day of classes was February 1, 2021, postponed from the original start date of January 19, 2021.
- Spring break has been eliminated. Three instructional days off were scheduled during the semester: Monday, February 15, 2021 (President’s Day); Wednesday, March 10, 2021; and Friday, April 2, 2021 (Good Friday).
- The last day of classes is Tuesday, May 11, 2021, postponed from the original date of Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
- Undergraduate reading day is Wednesday, May 12, 2021, instead of Thursday, May 6, 2021.
- The final exam period is Wednesday, May 12, 2021 to Wednesday, May 19, 2021, instead of Thursday, May 6, 2021 to Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
- In the event of inclement weather, all courses will be held remotely, avoiding the need to cancel and reschedule classes.
Should health conditions warrant, Stevens will be prepared to adapt most or all courses and ancillary student advising and other activities for remote learning. Stevens may also adjust the academic calendar again if this becomes necessary.
Stevens began the fall 2020 semester for all students on August 31, 2020. The last day of classes was December 11, 2020 and the fall semester final exam period extended from December 12 to December 23, 2020, with the fall 2020 semester ending on December 23, 2020.