To: Stevens Faculty and Staff
From: Warren Petty, Vice President for Human Resources
Marybeth Murphy, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Date: August 24, 2020
Subject: COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus for Faculty and Staff Returning to Campus – Thursday August 27
As some of our faculty and staff are preparing for their return to campus for the first week of classes, many are in the process of planning for the required COVID-19 testing. Employees are responsible for making their own appointments and arranging their testing no more than five days before their planned return to campus. There are many local options for COVID-19 diagnostic testing which are listed on the Stronger, Safer Stevens website.
For staff and faculty returning to campus who may be having difficulty arranging for a testing appointment, Stevens is offering free COVID-19 saliva testing in the Student Wellness Center parking lot on Thursday, August 27, 2020. This is not a rapid test and results are expected to be available in 72 hours. Interested faculty and staff must follow the instructions below to register for this on-campus test by Tuesday, August 25 at 2 PM.
Beginning the week of August 31, weekly COVID-19 testing will be required for all members of the Stevens community who are returning to campus. Testing will be available on Wednesday and Thursday each week. The testing option on August 27 is offered as a convenience for those unable to locate a testing site.
Testing Information for Thursday, August 27
The Rutgers’ RUCDR SARS-CoV-2 saliva test will be administered by staff from Bergen New Bridge Medical Center in the parking lot next to the Student Wellness Center.
Your insurance will be billed for the test; however, any costs that are not covered by insurance will be covered by Stevens.
If you would like to be tested on Thursday, August 27, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Register for your test. Be sure to have your insurance information and a form of identification (State Driver’s or Non-Driver’s License, Stevens DuckCard etc.) available. Please complete the registration process no later than 2 PM on Tuesday, August 25. Follow the instructions below to register:
- Register for your saliva test online (https://www.research.net/r/StevensCOVID). Please note that the registration survey engine follows all necessary requirements of HIPAA and has all required safeguards in place.
- It is important that each field in the registration survey is completed in its entirety to ensure a complete registration. If you encounter any difficulty during registration please email: [email protected]
Step 2: Procedures for the day of the test - When to Arrive and What to Expect
- It is important not to eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes before arriving at the testing site.
- It is important that you arrive during your designated time slot.
- Those with a last name starting with the letters A – M should arrive for their test between 9 AM and 11 AM on Thursday, August 27
- Those with a last name starting with the letters N - Z should arrive for their test between 1 PM – 3 PM on Thursday, August 27
- When you arrive for testing you will be greeted by a member of Bergen New Bridge Medical Center’s Mobile COVID Team, who will confirm your demographic and contact information. Make sure you have an ID with you to confirm your identity. Once your identity is confirmed a medical staff member will review the testing directions with you and provide you with a testing kit.
- You will then be directed to have a seat in the testing area. Once you have completed your test, you will drop your sample off, and exit the testing site.
- You will be able to access your results via our secure portal 72 hours after testing. Portal information will be given to you after your testing is completed on the day of testing. Stevens and the Hoboken Department of Health will also be notified of the test results so there is no need to send the results to Stevens via email.
- For subsequent testing days you will receive an email with information that will allow you to schedule a time for your next weekly test beginning the week of 8/31/2020. Please review this video to learn more about how the test process will work.
- If you need to park on campus for testing on Thursday, August 27, you must park in the Babbio garage and walk up to the parking lot next to the Student Wellness Center. You may not enter through the 9th Street gate to drive through the campus due to new student move-in.
Please be sure to complete the registration process no later than tomorrow, Tuesday, August 25 at 2 PM. Thank you in advance.
This message has been approved by the leadership of the sender's division.