Social distancing is critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19. Employees have a shared responsibility to comply with these social distancing guidelines on campus until further notice:
- Employees must limit close personal contact and maintain a minimum six-foot distance from all other persons (including other employees, students and visitors) whenever possible, including while walking outside on campus.
- Where workstations do not permit at least six feet between employees, employees must wear face coverings at all times.
- Avoid gathering in groups and in confined areas, including lobbies, conference rooms and other smaller spaces.
- Avoid using anyone else’s personal protective equipment, phone, computer equipment, desk, cubicle, workstation, office or other personal work tools or equipment.
- When equipment must be shared, take precautions to sanitize the equipment between uses and wash hands before and after use.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after touching elevator buttons.
Stevens will continue to evaluate the work environment from time to time, and may make changes and adjustments to promote additional physical distancing and health practices. For example, Stevens may open and sanitize buildings and offices in a methodical matter and may adjust office layouts, relocate employees to larger spaces, implement office partitions or dividers and limit the occupancy of restrooms.
In order to promote proper social distancing, all meetings must be held in whole or in part by conference call or one or more remote collaboration tools, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams. An employee may choose to attend any meeting remotely.
In-person meetings may only occur in compliance with the-current restrictions of local, state and federal orders and only if participants can fulfill social distancing requirements.
Stevens may remove or rearrange chairs and tables or add visual cue marks in meeting rooms to support social distancing practices.
Employees should wash their hands before and after eating and must wear face coverings until they are ready to eat, then replace them after eating.
Employees are encouraged to take food back to their office areas or eat outside.
Stevens may close shared kitchen areas and remove refrigerators, coffee pots or other cooking implements. Plan to bring food that does not require cooking or refrigeration, and do not share food on campus.