Health Honor Code
Stevens Institute of Technology
(as of August 2021)
The COVID-19 pandemic has generated unprecedented challenges for Stevens and the broader world. As members of the Stevens community, Stevens students, faculty and staff are responsible for monitoring and maintaining their own health in order to protect the health and wellbeing of the entire community. The Stevens Health Honor Code protects each individual student, staff and faculty member as well as the entire Stevens community.
As a member of the Stevens community, I will abide by the Stevens Health Honor Code by following these principles:
- Compliance. I will follow all Stevens policies, procedures and instructions related to COVID-19 both on- and off-campus.
- Masking. I am required to wear a mask in all indoor, public campus spaces regardless of my vaccination status. I may remove my mask while eating or drinking and when in private spaces such as residence hall rooms, personal offices, and individual restrooms. These masking guidelines also apply to contractors, vendors, guests, and alumni visiting campus or attending Stevens events. Vaccinated instructors may choose to remove their face mask while teaching or presenting if they can maintain a six-foot distance from students or participants. Instructors should, where practicable, stand behind plexiglass partitions that are provided in each classroom.
- Testing. I will participate in all COVID-19 testing required by Stevens Institute of Technology. Reporting. I will notify Stevens Student Health Services immediately if I or a close contact tests positive for COVID-19; I will isolate and participate in contact tracing as requested.
- Monitoring. I will monitor myself for symptoms of COVID-19 and will isolate and contact a medical professional or Stevens Student Health Services if I experience COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of my vaccination status.
- Illness. I will remain home and avoid coming to class, work, or Stevens facilities should I feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of my vaccination status.
- Discrimination. I will not discriminate against any person on the basis of illness, disability, mask-wearing or vaccination status.
- Cleanliness. I will wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Campus Kitchens. I will not share dishes or utensils in communal kitchen spaces (kitchens in residence halls, office spaces, etc.).
- Travel. I will follow all travel guidelines from the State of New Jersey, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Department of State.
The Stevens Health Honor Code is subject to change at any time based on local and federal health guidance and infection rates in our community.