Please note the above images are renderings of the new Residential Towers for illustration purposes only. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for sample floor plans and more images.
Housing Application Information
Please note this information is for current undergraduate students enrolled at Stevens. Submitting a housing application by the deadline is the first step in the housing selection process and will allow students to participate in our room selection process.
Housing Information Sessions
We will be conducting a series of Housing Information sessions before the Housing Application closes. We will review how to apply for housing as well as answer any questions about the housing options. In February 2022 we will host another series of Information Sessions on how to select a room for students who apply by the application deadline.
Housing Information Dates
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - 2PM - 3PM (Zoom ID 919 1566 5706)
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 3PM - 4PM (Zoom ID 973 6039 6887)
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 2PM - 3PM (Zoom ID 998 2121 9505)
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 3PM - 4PM (Zoom ID 988 9567 5677)
Housing Application and Deposit
Housing Application Dates
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - Housing Application opens
- Monday, January 31, 2022- Housing Application closes (Must submit by the deadline to be guaranteed housing)
How to Apply
The housing application will be available in the myStevens Housing & Dining portal starting on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. The housing application closes on Monday, January 31, 2022.
While submitting the housing application students will be prompted to pay a $500 Housing Deposit that will be applied to the student's Fall 2022 bill. If the deposit is not paid by the close of the housing application, the student will not be able to participate in the room selection process or be assigned to a room.
Selecting Individually and With a Roommate Groups
Selecting Without a Roommate Group
Students are not required to create a roommate group. There are a series of roommate matching questions on the housing application that will be shown during the selection process.
My College Roomie
Students without a roommate preference may also use our roommate matching program called My College Roomie. If you do not have a roommate preference but would like to find one you can use our roommate matching program, My College Roomie. Please allow 24 hours after submitting your housing application before accessing the roommate matching program. If you find someone you would like to live with you can create a roommate group by utilizing the Manage Roommate Group function on the same page where you submitted your application. You will need their Housing ID to create the group. Website: https://stevens.mycollegeroomie.com/
Selecting With a Roommate Group
Students who apply for housing are able to create roommate groups that allow them to select rooms and suites together. There are 2 types of roommate groups that students can choose to create. General and Gender Inclusive.
1. General Roommate Group
A General Roommate group must consist of students of the same gender. Students who select a General Roommate Group are not required to fill the entire suite.
2. Gender Inclusive Group
A Gender Inclusive Roommate Group can be created regardless of the students' gender. Please note when selecting as a Gender Inclusive Group, the group must be able to fill an entire suite or apartment. Please see additional information about Gender Inclusive Housing on pages 44-45 of the Student Handbook.
Returning Student Housing Options for 2022-2023
- New Residential Towers: Priority will be given to current first year students. Current second years will have second priority to select the Residential Towers, followed by current third and fourth years. Click here for more information on the new Residential Towers.
- 1036 Park Avenue: This is an option for any student who wishes to live off-campus but remain in Stevens Housing; it is no longer considered special interest housing.
- Stevens Leased Housing (SLH): Stevens Leased Housing is apartment buildings in Hoboken. Specific building locations for 2022-2023 will be available during room selection in March 2022. The locations will be determined based on the number of guaranteed housing applications we receive.
Room Selection Information
Students who apply for housing by the deadline will receive a date and time for the room selection process on Friday, February 25, 2022. Students will then use their selection date and time to log on to the myStevens Housing & Dining portal to select their room in March 2022. Students who are in a roommate group will use the earliest selection date and time of the group to select their housing.
Room Selection Information Sessions (How to Select Your Room)
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 3PM - 4PM (Zoom ID 966 4508 5130)
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3PM - 4PM (Zoom ID 932 2053 8573)
Room Selection Dates
- Friday, February 25, 2022 - Selection dates and times sent to Stevens email
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022 Current First Year Room Selection
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022 Current Second Year Room Selection
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 Current Third and Fourth Year Room Selection
Lore-El and Fraternity and Sorority Housing
Lore-El Center for Women's Leadership Housing Process
Students who are interested in living in the Lore-El will be required to submit the housing application and pay the housing deposit by the January 31st deadline. In addition to the housing application students must also submit a separate application to be included in the Lore-El placement process. All Lore-El housing placements will be made before the March 2022 room selection process. For more information on Lore-El please click here. Please contact Residential Education for more information on the Lore-El placement process at [email protected].
Lore-El Housing Process Dates
- Monday, January 24, 2022- Lore-El application opens
- Friday, February 4, 2022 - Lore-El application closes
- Monday, February 7, 2022 - Lore-El interviews start
- Friday, February 18, 2022 - Lore-El interviews end
- Monday, February 21, 2022 - Lore-El placement offers will be made by this date
Fraternity and Sorority Housing Process
- Students planning on living in one of the Stevens Owned Fraternity and Sorority houses will have their own room selection process that will occur after the March 2022 room selection process.
- All residents currently living in a Stevens owned Fraternity or Sorority house will be sent an email with detailed information regarding the selection process.