REU-2007: Information for students traveling by car
The following provides information for students traveling by car.
(1) Travel dates:
Arrival at Stevens: Saturday (5/19) or Sunday (5/20)
Leave Stevens: Saturday (7/28) or Sunday (7/29)
(2) Once you are on campus, go to Howe Center (13-story building). At the front desk, you show you ID (any ID) and get the key to your dorm room.
(3) You will stay in a university dorm room, not a hotel room. Therefore you need to bring things like your own shower towels. For students traveling by car, you bring your own bedding set. For students traveling by air, REU-2007 will go out to buy bedding set for you.
(4) Driving direction: http://www.stevens.edu/main/maps/driving_directions.shtml
After entering campus at 9th street through the gates, proceed to the Howe Center (13-story building) to obtain parking information. Tell them that you come to meet Prof. Yao of ECE department. When you come to my office (Burchard Building, Room B211, (201)216-5264), I will lead you to see department assistant, who will help you arrange parking permit.
(5) Public transportation info: http://www.stevens.edu/main/maps/public_transport.shtml
(6) After your arrival at Stevens, one of the first things you do is to fill an IRS form. Your stipend is paid through Stevens' payroll. You must be legal to work in U.S. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and must have a valid Social Security Number. Otherwise your payroll arrangement can not be made and you are unable to receive the stipend. If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, please let me know ASAP.)