The mission of the EM Program is to provide an education based on a strong engineering core, complemented by studies in business, technology, systems and management, to prepare the graduate to work at the interface between technology/engineering and management, and to be able to assume positions of increasing technical and managerial responsibility. The objectives of the EM program can be summarized as follows:
- EM graduates have a strong general engineering foundation and are able to use modern technological tools while working on complex multidisciplinary problems.
- EM graduates will have assumed leadership positions in their chosen areas of work using knowledge gained from their engineering management education.
- EM graduates effectively work in teams on projects to solve real world problems. This effort can involve information research, the use of project management tools and techniques, and the economic justification of the solution that is effectively communicated in a written or oral project report/business proposal and presented to the client.
- EM graduates possess the ethics, knowledge, skills and attributes to define, design, develop and manage resources, processes and complex systems needed to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- EM graduates apply the management tasks of organizing, staffing, planning, financing and the human element and have the tools to continue sustained intellectual growth in the corporate or academic world.
The EM Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Click here to view the alignment of student outcomes with ABET outcomes.