The Metro Area is a center for the financial services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, information technology and telecommunications industries of the world.
The Stevens Engineering Management degree is designed to provide the necessary skills to young engineers to be successful in these technology driven industries that are the main stay of the 21 st century economy. By combining engineering, management, technology and business we have developed a unique program to educate some of the brightest engineers for whom skills in Engineering Design, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Operational Effectiveness, Technical Marketing, Project Management, Financial and Business Analysis, Supply Chain Management and Quality Management are of high priority.
Engineering Management graduates have varying interests and skills. These include manufacturing, financial services, logistics, engineering, technical sales, project planning and management and quality management and control. Typical job titles of past graduates of the EM program are: Project Managers, Management Engineers, Production Supervisors, Information and Operations Specialists, Logistics Manager, Technical Sales Representatives, Manufacturing Engineers, Consultants, Systems Engineers and Analysts, Account Executives, Industrial Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Business and Technology Analysts, Investment Banking or Financial Analyst.
The average starting salary for Engineering Managers varies from year to year, but normally is one of the higher starting salaries for engineers at Stevens. Stevens Engineering Management graduates consistently ranks among the top three starting salaries of all engineering disciplines graduating from Stevens.
- 2013 - $62,500
- 2011 - $61,300
- 2012 - $61,000
A survey was conducted to identify Engineering Management Undergraduate Student job placement in 2011 and 2012. At the time of graduation a range of 74% - 76% of Engineering Management graduates have job offers and six months after graduation, the range increases to 92% - 93%.
Engineering Management graduates are in demand in varied industries such as the following services, technology, manufacturing and Research and Development arenas. Within these arenas are listed companies that have hired Stevens Engineering Management graduates within the past six years:
- Financial Services – Alliance Bernstein, Barclays Capital, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Fidessa, Goldman Sachs, Jones Lang LaSalle, RBC Capital Markets, Standard & Poors, UBS
- Consulting – Accenture, Avanade, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Health – Becton Dickinson, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Sun Chemical
- Construction – American Infrastructure, Bovis Lend Lease, George Harms Construction, Lehr Construction, New Line Structures, Shawmut Design & Construction, Skanska, Tishman Construction, Turner Construction, Whiting - Turner
- Defense/Government – Hamilton Sundstrand, Picatinny Arsenal, United States Army, FAA, MTA
- Energy – Constellation Energy, Creston Electronics, ExxonMobil, Mosto Technologies, Solevis
- Telecom – IBM, Verizon
- Manufacturing/Engineering – Anheuser Busch, BMW, Brisk Waterproofing, C&G Pipecoaters, Hertz, Hunter Douglas, InetSoft Technology Corp, Menshen, Pacific Controls, Pepsi
- Logistics – The Children’s Place, Toys R Us, UPS