Why Study Systems?
Capable systems leaders are in demand. Engineers who have both the technical knowledge to design cutting edge systems and the skills to operate in an increasingly complex globally interconnected business and policy environment are leading and supporting innovation and problem solving across industry and government.
Our Systems Programs teach the multidisciplinary skills and approaches needed to design and manage complex systems and processes that deliver desired results for their enterprise. These skills include:
- Business process, needs analysis and operational assessment
- Technical skills (including engineering, software engineering, security)
- Systems thinking
- Modeling, simulation, decision analysis and risk management
- Design for Integration, harmonization and interoperability
- Design for system reliability and serviceability
- Life cycle cost and benefit analysis
- Architecting systems, test & test environments for Verification and Validation
- Managing complex development systems
At the School of Systems and Enterprises (SSE), we offer world-renowned, industry-government-academia co-designed programs with breadth that includes Systems Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Security Engineering and Sociotechnical Systems. We provide our graduates with an education built upon existing technical and engineering foundations and work experiences with in-depth studies in business, management, systems and enterprise engineering, among other disciplines. Our students are exceptionally well prepared for careers of increasing responsibility across a broad range of industries including defense, healthcare, technology, business, finance, manufacturing and information systems.
Why Systems at SSE?
- Home to Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC), the National Center of Excellence in Systems Engineering funded by the Department of Defense
- Largest provider of systems engineering education to the U.S. government and the defense industry worldwide
- Graduate placements at leading private and government institutions: Accenture, AT&T, BAE, Booz Allen, Cisco, Exxon, FAA, IBM, L-3, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrup Grumman, Orbital, Rockwell Collins, U.S. Airforce, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy and Verizon
- World-renowned and industry-connected faculty
Message from the Program Director
We strive to produce technical leaders who apply a systems approach to navigate and manage complex systems and enterprises, and who can address systems integration, life cycle issues, and systems thinking at the system, system of system, and enterprise levels.
Ricardo Pineda, PhD- Director Systems Programs and Industry Professor.