For Promising Research in Systems Engineering and Integration
Deadline Date: May 1, 2013
The Stevens Institute of Technology Doctoral Award carries a US $5,000 grant to a doctoral student along with a plaque and recognition at the annual INCOSE International Symposium. It was initiated in 2002 and has been presented to individuals at the Missouri University of Science and Technology (2010), University of Aveiro, Portugal (2009), the Missouri University of Science and Technology (2008) and the Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Toulouse (also in 2008), University of Southern California (2007), the Southern Methodist University (2006), University of Pennsylvania (2005), Stanford University (2004), Stevens Institute (2003), and Leeds in the UK (2002).
Inspire and recognize innovative doctoral-level research related to the field of systems engineering and integration. This award carries a $5,000 grant to the doctoral student along with a plaque and recognition at the Annual INCOSE Symposium.
- Advancement of the state-of-the-knowledge in systems engineering and integration
- Potential for the advancement of the state-of-the-practice of systems engineering and integration within the next 5 to 10 years
- A completed award application form. This form can be downloaded from the INCOSE website.
- Each applicant MUST have two faculty references submit recommendation letters on their behalf. Recommendation forms can also be downloaded from the INCOSE website.
- Completed application forms and faculty references must be received by 1 May of each year. (The award will be made at the annual INCOSE symposium)
- Status as qualified Ph.D. student in a degree program with research proposal approved.
- An applicant seeking the award must submit an application.
- Applicants may not receive more than one award.