2015-2016 Health Insurance Information
For more information on the Stevens Health Insurance Brochure 2015-2016, please contact University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448.
Stevens Institute of Technology mandates that all full-time students (12 Undergraduate or 9 Graduate credits) have health insurance.
All full-time students will be charged health insurance.
A student may request insurance eligibility if Full-time status includes Web courses by contacting the Student Service Center at 201-216-5555.
Students with proof of comparable coverage are eligible to waive the student health insurance. Students who are enrolled for coverage with University Health Plans must use the Temporary Policy Information located (on page 22) in their brochure for their Undergraduate or Graduate class level until they receive their permanent insurance ID card. (Brochure can be found on the forms page.)
Graduate students should not waive the health insurance until the health insurance has been charged to their accounts.
Process for Student Health Insurance Enrollment and Waivers
All students must follow these instructions to Waive or Enroll in the Stevens Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
- Select if you are an Undergraduate or Graduate student.
- On the left hand side menu of Student Health Plan, click on Waiver Form or Enrollment Form.
- Fill in the required information and complete the form; you will immediately receive a confirmation of your waiver or enrollment. Print a copy for your personal records. An email confirmation will also be sent for your records.
Note to students: If you have questions regarding your card, benefits or enrollment verification please call University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.
The deadline for waivers and open enrollment for the 2015-2016 Academic Year are as follows:
- September 1, 2015 for Undergraduate Students
- September 18, 2015 for Graduate Students.
- February 9, 2016 for newly admitted students for the 2016 Spring semester
Failure to either enroll or waive the health insurance by the appropriate deadlines will result in an automatic enrollment into the student health insurance plan and the student's account will be charged accordingly.
Students will not be able to enroll in the health insurance plan after these deadlines unless there is a qualifying event which makes them eligible to enroll. For additional information regarding enrollment, please contact University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.