Your career development is a process that unfolds over your time at Stevens. The four year plan below addresses your academic, career and personal/social development. All full-time Stevens students have a career advisor to help you create your personalized plan. Get started with your career advisor.
Creating Your Career Plan
Your career development is a process, not a single event. Get to know the Career Development staff during your time at Stevens so we can assist you in your career development process.
First Year: EXPLORE
- Attend a Career Development Intro Meeting to assess your career needs.
- Talk with faculty and other students about different majors and careers.
- Attend Co-op Orientation Meetings as the first step to joining the program.
- Attend Career Development Meetings to explore career options and create a resume.
- Sign up for the Externship Program through Career Development and shadow an alumnus/a at work over Winter Break.
- Attend the December and March Career Fairs.
Second Year: DEVELOP
- Develop your technical skills. Explore career-related opportunities with appropriate staff for Co-op, internships, undergraduate research projects.
- Obtain meaningful experience in your field of interest through a co-op, a summer internship, or an undergraduate research project.
- Attend Career Development Seminars to meet professionals in your field of interest and learn about recruitment/interviewing.
- Attend December and March Career Fairs.
- Unsure of major or career path? See a Career Advisor.
Third Year: FOCUS
- Apply for co-ops or internships that are directly related to your post-graduation career goals. Work closely with appropriate staff to access meaningful opportunities.
- In Semester 6, register with Career Development Office for the graduating senior recruitment process.
- Schedule a resume review with your Career Advisor for the graduating class resume book and to discuss interviewing for full time opportunities.
- Attend Career Development workshops on Interviewing Techniques.
Fourth Year: IMPLEMENT
- Early in Semester 7, meet with your Career Advisor to assess your needs/goals for graduating student services. Get a plan in place as soon as possible.
- Assess your career-related strengths, skills, and values.
- Analyze and summarize experience gained during your time at Stevens. Update your resume, if needed.
- Schedule a mock interview, if needed.
- Register for and review CastlePointCareers (CPC), Stevens internal job board provided by Career Development, on a daily basis during the recruitment process.
- Stay in contact with your Career Advisor throughout your recruitment process and share both your progress and your concerns.
- Network with professors, on-campus speakers, family and friends to develop prospective opportunities.
Visit Career Development Today!
Castle Point on Hudson
Wesley J. Howe Center, 6th Floor
Monday through Friday
9am to 5pm