F-1 Student Visa

In order to study in the United States, you will need to obtain a F-1 Student Visa. To apply, you must submit the following documentation to the United States Embassy or Consulate in your own country: a valid Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, a passport and evidence of financial support. Both the I-20 form and the financial verification form can be obtained from The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). For your convenience, you may also obtain a copy here. (hyperlink to our site).

ISSS is available to assist you with all questions regarding student related immigration documents and issues. To contact ISSS, you may visit them on the web at: http://www.stevens.edu/iss/.

Please Note: If you enter the United States on a visitor?s visa (B-2) without the ?Prospective Student? classification (issued only in exceptional circumstances), you will not be able to change to a student classification and may not be permitted to continue in school. In this case, you risk forfeiting your tuition. It is your responsibility to obtain the proper visa classification.