The Stevens Graduate Fellows Program
The Stevens Graduate Fellows (SGF) Program offers a variety of fellowships to applicants who have achieved distinction during their postsecondary educational pursuits. All awards provided through SGF are merit based and the recipient must maintain full time status as well as a satisfactory academic standing during the award period. Applicants to the SGF Program are reviewed carefully by Stevens faculty and selection is based both on standardized test results and prior academic performance. In general, students who are within approximately the top 5% of the applicant pool in terms of academic performance are considered for this program. We invite exceptional US and international graduate students to apply and join Stevens as a Graduate Fellow.
Provost's Masters Fellowship:
The Provost's Masters Fellowships are offered each year for the fall and spring semesters to exceptional students interested in pursuing a master’s degree on a full time basis. These one-time fellowships range from $2000 to $6,000 and are awarded to qualified students at the time of their admission to any one of the Master’s degree programs offered at Stevens. Selection criteria include GRE/GMAT scores in addition to exceptional academic performance as an undergraduate. TOEFL scores are also considered as a criterion for international applicants. In general, students who are placed approximately on the top 5% of the applicant pool are considered for this program.
Who is eligible for the fellowship at this time?
- Those admitted to a full-time Masters Program at Stevens for the upcoming Fall or Spring semester start OR
- Those who have submitted a completed application packet or are in the process of applying for admission as a full-time student to a Masters Program for the upcoming Fall or Spring semester.
How to apply and deadline?
- No separate application is needed. On the Graduate application, applicants should answer "Yes" to the question: "Do you wish to be considered for a graduate fellowship?" Fellowship decisions will be made during application review.
- Deadline for Fall semester: March 1st. *
- Deadline for Spring semester: October 1st. *
What happens after submitting a fellowship application?
- The request along with the application packet will be submitted to the respective academic department for review.
- Award decisions are expected to be made within 2-3 weeks.
- As soon as the decision is made, the Office of Graduate Admissions will send an electronic letter from the Academic Dean notifying award status to the student/applicant.
How do I accept the fellowship award?
- All award recipients will have 4 business days to confirm with the Office of Graduate Admissions about whether or not the award has been accepted.
- In order to accept the fellowship offer, award recipients must log on to their online account and click the acceptance link.
- All award acceptances should submit a non-refundable fellowship deposit of $500. This fellowship deposit is in addition to the $500 enrollment deposit*, for a total deposit of $1000.
- Awards to recipients who do not make this payment will be released at the end of the 4th business day and the released award will be placed back in the fellowship pool to be disbursed to other applicants.
*The $500 enrollment deposit applies to international students only.
If awarded a fellowship, what is expected of the student/applicant?
- This award is contingent upon you maintaining a full-time status as a Master’s student during the first 2 semesters. At any time during the semesters should your enrollment status change your award will be cancelled.
- The award will also be cancelled should you decide to withdraw from Stevens at any time during the above-mentioned semester.
- Failure to accept and pay the deposit will result in the withdrawal of the award.
- This is a one-time award; the award can only be applied toward your tuition and fees for your first 2 consecutive semesters.
- The award cannot be deferred to a future term and is non-transferrable.
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Fully funded or full-scholarship students are not eligible for this award.
For additional questions refer to the FAQ Page.
*Students will be automatically considered for fellowships until all funds are disbursed.