$60 non-refundable fee
Two Letters of Recommendation - Letters must be submitted electronically through the online application system
Official college transcripts from all institutions attended - Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to Stevens. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review. However, applicants will not be fully admitted until all official documents have been received.
GRE/GMAT scores - GRE scores are required for all applicants applying into a full-time graduate program in the Schaefer School of Engineering and Sciences (SES) and the School of Systems and Enterprises (SSE). GMAT scores will also be accepted in lieu of the GRE for the following SSE programs:
- Financial Engineering
- Engineering Management
For the School of Business GRE/GMAT will be required for all applicants applying into a full-time graduate program; Students wishing to attend on a part-time basis should refer to the individual program pages for their admission requirements. Please note that all scores are only valid if taken within 5 years prior to the application term.
- GRE for graduate programs: (2819)
- GMAT for full-time MBA programs: (638LX21)
- GMAT for other Master's programs: (638LX12)
- GMAT for Ph.D. programs: (638LX1)
* For applications to the School of Business programs, submission of GMAT scores will be preferred.
** Current undergraduate SIT students applying to a graduate program at Stevens are not required to take the GRE/GMAT. Additionally, the GRE requirement will be waived for any Stevens undergraduate student for 2 years from the time of graduation. This exception does not apply to the MBA and MBIA programs, which both require a GRE/GMAT score from all applicants.
*** Some departments may require additional materials, such as a writing sample, a third letter of recommendation, etc. Check with your department's website or the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of your program's requirements.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: Please note that unofficial copies of transcripts and scores may be uploaded to your online application for review purposes. However, upon admit you must request an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, your admission to Stevens will be withdrawn and you will not be allowed to reapply to Stevens in the future.
Please mail all official transcripts to:
Stevens Institute of Technology
Office of Graduate Admissions,
Castle Point on Hudson, Howe Center, 12th Floor
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Students are strongly encouraged to meet the terms of their provisional admissions prior to the start of their studies at Stevens. All official documents (transcripts, diploma and GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS scores, as applicable) must be received by the end of the first enrolled semester, failing which an administrative hold will be placed on your academic record, preventing registration for future semesters, and your graduate student status may be revoked.
- Personal Statement - There are no specific guidelines for the content of your Statement of Purpose. However, we do offer some suggestions:
- Think of your Personal Statement as the voice of your application - this is the opportunity to let the committee hear from you!
- When crafting your Personal Statement, it may be beneficial to consider your past, present, and future.
- Past: What have your educational and work experiences been thus far? What has led you to this point in your life?
- Present: Why are you applying to graduate school? Why are you choosing this institution? Why are you choosing this program?
- Future: What are your career goals? How will this degree help you to attain them?
- If you are applying to a Ph.D. program, you might want to discuss your research interests and how they align with the work of the current faculty.
- Your statement should be roughly one to two pages, double-spaced, 12 point font.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- TOEFL/IELTS - International students (Code #2819). For English language proficiency requirements see the "ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY" section below. All scores are only valid if taken within 2 years prior to the application term.
**Please note that you are required to UPLOAD your supporting documents rather than mailing or faxing them. Uploading your documents saves you time, effort, and the expense of mailing documents to us during the initial processing and review of your application. It avoids delays normally incurred in the processing of paper documentation, allows you to associate your documents with the correct application and requirement, and assures you that your documents have been received. It can also speed up the review of your application so that you can obtain an admission decision sooner.
Do NOT mail or fax documents required in support of your application to be admitted. All documents must be uploaded.
Please note that the format for the GRE changed effective August 1st, 2011. Click here for additional information.