Class of 1964 Challenge Match
An anonymous member of our class has generously agreed to match contributions to the Class of 1964 Endowed Scholarship Fund up to $500,000 pledged during our 50th Anniversary Campaign.
- If your lifetime giving is less than $1,000, the anonymous donor will match your first $1,000 2:1; any amount up to $5,000 over the initial $1,000 will be matched 1:1
- If your lifetime giving to Stevens is greater than $1,000, the anonymous donor will match your gift of $1,000, or more up to $5,000, 1:1
Additional items to note:
- Minimum gift size matched is $1,000
- Maximum matched per person is $5,000
- Corporate matches will NOT be matched
- Gifts of Stock matched at appreciated value
- Charitable Gift Annuities will be matched equal to the percent residuum calculated at time of gift
- Documented bequests will NOT be matched
To help increase alumni participation, Dr. Lawrence T. Babbio ’66, Chairman Emeritus of the Stevens Institute of Technology Board of Trustees, has issued The Chairman’s Challenge, a $1 million matching gift opportunity to foster increased alumni support to the University.
- Undergraduate alumni who have never made a gift to the University are eligible to be matched at a 1:1 ratio
- Undergraduate alumni whose last contribution was before July 1, 2010 are eligible to be matched at a 1:1 ratio
- All Graduate alumni are eligible to be matched at a 1:1 ratio
- New gifts and pledges of $100 or more up to $10,000 per donor made to any fund, school, or program are eligible
- The $10,000 limit is per-donor, per fiscal year, not per-gift, a donor can make as many gifts as they like within the fiscal year.
- Corporate matches will not be eligible for the program. Donors must meet the minimum donation requirement with their own gift or pledge