- Load clothes into a washing machine being careful not to overload. a good general rule is to loosely place clothes in washer up to the top of the agitator(the plastic component in the center).
- Add detergent to machine. Close machine door.
- On Machine control surface, select the wash cycle (normal, Permanent Press,Delicates) and the Wash Temp(hot, warm,cold) as per clothing instructions.
- Next go over to the card reader, select the washing machine you just filled using the keypad (A2 for example)
- You will then be prompted to swipe your card. doing so will deduct $1.25 (the cost of the wash) from your Duck Bills. Follow the prompts on reader.
- Load clothes into Dryer (1 machine load is 1 dryer load).
- Add dryer sheets, if applicable.
- Select drying condition according to fabric instructions.
- Go over to Card reader and Select the appropriate dryer (D3 for example).
- You may add additional time to the dryer before it stops by swiping your card and pressing the dryer you want. Once the dryer stops, you will have to add another cycle ($1.25) to use it.
Note: As per washing machine instructions you will be prompted to swipe your card deducting $1.25 from your Duck Bill account. Follow prompts on reader then press the start button on the dryer.
If help is needed while in the laundry room, press the help button on the reader and instructions will be given on the LCD screen.
Location of Laundry Facilities by Building:
- Davis Hall (1): Middle of 1st floor opposite the RA room.
- Hayden Hall (1): Middle of 2nd floor (lounge is on 1st) opposite the RA room.
- Technology Hall (1): 1st floor, left of elevator.
- Palmer Hall(2):
- 1st floor next to kitchen on male side
- 1st floor next to bathroom on female side
- CPA (2): on 2nd and 4th Floors opposite the Center stairwell.
- Humphreys Hall(2):
- Basement on the left using the center stairwell