Our goal at Stevens is to have all students graduate with a resume that indicates their outstanding education and valuable work experiences. Connecting with a stimulating summer internship can help meet this goal!
How it works. Stevens wants you to gain "real-life" work experience in a professional setting. We also want you to be monetarily rewarded for your effort and hard work; therefore all internships Stevens recommends are paid positions.
Through various programs you will find the perfect fit!
Freshman Summer Work Program
The savviest students start digging for internships as freshmen and begin cultivating contacts and alliances immediately. Through one-on-one personal meetings, the Office of Career Development guides you through the appropriate steps needed to conduct a successful search. Together, you review your interests to develop a professional resume, target various companies and ultimately find the best opportunity for you.
The Undergraduate Internship Program
Once you express an interest in obtaining an internship, we help you pull together your resume and brush up on your interviewing skills. In addition, Career Development offers an On-Campus Recruiting Program that include the following services:
- Dedicates the entire month of April for summer internships
- Advertises all summer internships in The Stute, the Stevens student newspaper, in a section entitled "Career Corner"
- Utilizes JobTrak®, a sophisticated, electronic service at www.jobtrak.com that lists hundreds of outstanding up-to-date internships available throughout the United States
- Maintains an innovative folder system so you can view listed opportunities from corporations that were unable to visit campus, but are searching for someone like you
- Faxes your resume to those companies you have identified that seek a student with your skills and interests
- Offers assistance upon receiving an offer, including following-up with the employer
- Continues to establish outstanding relationships with distinguished employers, especially those that can give you the experience you seek
- Tracks your progress throughout the length of your internship