Rankings and Recognition
Stevens is home to three National Research Centers of Excellence:
- The National Center for Secure and Resilient Maritime Commerce, designated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2007 as a national center of excellence in port security
- The Systems Engineering Research University Affiliated Research Center (SER-UARC) was awarded to Stevens in 2008 by the U.S. Department of Defense
- The Atlantic Center for the Innovative Design & Control of Small Ships, funded by the Office of Naval Research
Stevens has received countless awards due to the strength of our programs and faculty in a variety of fields:
- Researchers at Stevens Institute of Technology have recently been awarded a DARPA grant to undertake one of the most ambitious challenges ever presented by the defense research agency. Professors in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Stevens, are helping the US military tackle the incredible task of intelligently managing all sensor and surveillance data collected in their global quest to secure American lives and interests.
- Beth McGrath accepted the Presidential Award from the White House on behalf of The Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education at Stevens, February 2011
- Stevens was awarded a $11.5 million NSF Math-Science partnership grant with 12 school districts across New Jersey
- New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame recognized Stevens faculty, graduates and students (Dr. Nicholas Gerard, Dr. Vikki Hazelwood, Dr. Xiaoling Chen, Dr. Asli Ergun)
- Dean Michael Bruno was appointed chairman of the Marine Board at the National Research Council
- Grant was awarded by NSF to Stevens for funding of Cybersecurity Education
- NSF Career Award recipients: Dr. Stefan Strauf (2011), Dr. Michael M. Zavlanos (2011), Dr. Yingying Chen (2010), Dr. Frank Fisher (2009), Dr. Wei Jiang (2006)
- Stevens’ Empowerhouse team competed in the 2011 U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Decathlon, yielding two first-place wins in the Affordability and Hot Water, and placed in the top 10 in seven categories.
- Stevens has been selected by the DOE to compete again in the 2013 Solar Decathlon.