Dr. Leonid Shnayder
|INDUSTRY PROFESSOR |
|Room: Carnegie 305|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, College of Technology, Moscow Russia
- B.S. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Engineering college, Moscow Russia
Leonid Shnayder, PhD, P.E., is an Industry Professor of Mechanical Engineering – Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Program at Stevens. Being a Registered Professional Engineer, he worked for 14 years as a Process Manager and Principal Process Engineer for major engineering companies serving pharmaceutical manufacturing market. His areas of expertise include finished pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnological processes, Clean-In-Place and clean process utilities (Pure Steam, Water-for-Injection, USP Purified Water etc.). He was responsible for the process design of biotech facilities for Amgen, Wyeth, ImClone, finished pharmaceutical facilities for Merck, Boehringer Ingelheim, Wyeth-Lederle and others. Prior to that he worked as a Research Scientist / Process Development with a national pharmaceutical company in Russia, where he was involved in the development and optimization of various fermentation processes, including biosynthesis of penicillin, oxytetracycline and other antibiotics.
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) – Member, Faculty Advisor to Stevens’ Student Chapter of ISPE, Member of Student Affairs Committee of the NJ Chapter.
Patents & Inventions
Author of eight patents in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing technology.
- William V. Collentro, Leonid Shnayder. (Aug 23, 2013). "Water for Pharmaceuticals", Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Fourth Edition, Taylor and Francis: New York, 3821-3837.
- L. Shnayder, M. Khanina. (2005). "Equipment Cleaning-In-Place in Modern Biopharmaceutical Facilities: Engineering Concepts and Challenges", Pharmaceutical Engineering, 25 (1).
- L.Shnayder. (2001). "Pharmaceutical Purified Water Storage and Distribution Systems - an Engineering Prospective", Pharmaceutical Engineering, 21 (6).
PME 530 Introduction to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
PME 535 Good Manufacturing Practice in Pharmaceutical Facilities Design
PME 540 Validation and Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
PME 539 Bioprocess Technology in API Manufacturing
PME 628 Manufacturing and Packaging of Pharmaceutical Oral Solid Dosage Products
PME 639 Modeling and Simulation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems