|Phone: (908) 246-3555|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- Ph.D., Engineering Management, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2010
- M.S., Management, Certificate in Project Management, 1999
- B.S.N, Nursing William Paterson University, 1981
Dr. Cataruozolo holds a BSN in Nursing and an MS in Management (Stevens ’99) and holds certifications in Project Management (Stevens ’99) and Pharmaceutical Industry Information Technology (Stevens ’03). She earned her PhD in Engineering Management with a concentration in Systems Dynamics (Stevens 2010). Her thesis was “A Systems Dynamics Approach to Modeling Suicide in the Military”.
Dr. Cataruozolo has over 28 years experience in the field of Clinical Oncology and has been with Celgene for 2-1/2 years as Director, Medical Affairs, Scientific Lead Lymphoma and CLL. She is a Celgene Ambassador and belongs to the Celgene PAC, and the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association. Prior to coming to Celgene she was employed by Pharmacia &Upjohn/Pharmacia/Pfizer for 14 years. She held the positions of Clinical Research Associate, Site Manager, Regional Study Lead and for the last 4 years at Pfizer was a Global Oncology Clinician for international Metastatic Breast Cancer Trials.
Prior to joining Pfizer, Cataruozolo was employed for over 10 years by Hackensack University Medical Center as a Clinical Research Coordinator for the Chief of Internal Medicine.
- 2013 – present, Director, Medical Affairs, Global Scientific Lead NHL and CLL Celgene Corp, Summit, NJ
- 2012 – 2013, Clinical Research Scientist Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ
- 2008 – 2012, Oncology Clinician Pfizer, NY, NY
- 1998 – 2008, Regional Study Lead Pfizer, NY, NY
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
Honors & Awards
- 2012, Investiture into the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, Lady of the Holy Sepulchre
- 2011, Outstanding Woman of Somerset County – Research and Management
- 2011, ACRP Recognition for 10 years as a CCRA
- 2004, W.E. Upjohn Award Recipient
- 2003, Peer Recognition Award Recipient
- 2001 - 2002, Carlo Erba Award for Excellence in Clinical Research – Recipient (2 Clinical Trials)
- 2001, Carlo Erba Recognition for Excellence in Clinical Research – Nomination (1 Clinical Trial)
- 1984, Nurse of the Year
- Certified Preceptor
- Certified Coach
- Certified Mentor
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC)
- Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA)
- Certified Project Manager
- Certified – Pharmaceutical Industry Information Technology
- CPR/AED Certified
- IV Certified
- Celgene Ambassador
- Celgene PAC
- Randomized phase II study of sunitinib versus standard of care for patients with previously treated advanced triple-negative breast cancer.Curigliano G, Pivot X, Cortes J, Elias A, Cesari R, Khosravan R, Collier M, Huang X, Cataruozolo PE, Kern KA, Goldhi.
- M. Kozloff; E. Chuang; A. Starr; P. A. Gowland; P. E. Cataruozolo; M. Collier; L. Verkh; X. Huang; K. A. Kern; K. Miller An exploratory study of sunitinib plus paclitaxel as first line treatment for patients with advanced breast cancer Annals of Oncology.
- Cataruozolo, Patricia E., Kelly Craig, Janet Holwell, Cathy Metcalfe, "2005 CRA Salary Survey" The Monitor - Spring Issue 2006.
- Cataruozolo, Patricia E., Kelly Craig, Janet Holwell, Cathy Metcalfe, Julie Marie Brown "2004 CRA Salary Survey" The Monitor - Spring Issue 2005.
- Cataruozolo, Patricia E., Kelly Craig, Cathy Metcalfe, 2003 CRA Salary Survey" The Monitor - Spring Issue 2004.
- Gross, Peter A., Steven J. Sperber, Armen Donabedian, Sandy Dran, Gail Morchel, Patricia Cataruozolo, Gary Munk Paradoxical response to a novel influenza virus vaccine strain: the effect of prior immunization Vaccine 17(1999) 2284-2289.
- Gross, Peter A., Patricia Cataruozolo, Peter DeMauro, Patricia Eason, Michelle Elliot, Sylvan Wallenstein Severity Adjustment for Length of Stay: Is It Always Necessary? Clinical Performance and Quality Health Care Vol 5 No. 4 1997.
- Gross, Peter A., Carlo Russo, Sandra Dran, Patricia Cataruozolo, Gary Munk, Stephen C. Lancey Time to Earliest Peak Serum Antibody Response to Influenza Vaccine In the Elderly Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology July 1997 p 491-492.
- Gross, Peter A., Carolyn R. Denning, Pureza F. Gaerlan, Joan Bonelli, Maureen Bernius, Sandra Dran, Gary Monk, Mary Vassallo, Gerald V. Quinnan, Jr, Roland Levandowski, Patricia E. Cataruozolo and Sylvan Wallenstein Annual Influenza Vaccination: Immune Re.
- Gross,PA, C Russo, M Teplitzky, S Dran, P Cataruozolo and G Munk Time to peak serum antibody response to influenza vaccine in the elderly Clinical and Vaccine Immunology May 1996 Vol 3, No. 3 pp 361-362.
- Baumgartner, Peggy, Robert Bower, Patricia E. Cataruozolo, Sandra Rohrbacher, Robert Hendler, Steve Murray, Open Forum, "Making the Most of Home Care Agencies", Nutritional Support Services Magazine Vol 7. No. 7 July 1987.
- Cataruozolo, Patricia E. A Systems-Approach to Multivariate Analysis The Monitor (The Journal of The Association of Clinical Research Professionals) June 2011.
- Gross, Peter A. , Patricia Cataruozolo, Peter DeMauro, Patricia Eason, Michelle Elliot, Sylvan Wallenstein Use of Severity Adjusted Length of Stay to Modify Physician Practice Patterns Clinical Performance and Quality Health Care Magazine, Jan 1993.
- "A Systems Approach to Modeling Suicide in the Military.
- "Time to Earliest Peak Serum Antibody Response to Influenza Vaccine in the Elderly”.
- "Serum Antibody Titers to Influenza Vaccine in Peripheral Stem Cell and Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Recipients”.
- "Assessment of the Effect of Nutritional Status on Immune Response to Influenza Vaccine: Lack of Association” Honorable Mention American College of Physicians 1995.
- "Quality of Care Problems are as Prevalent in Patients with Expected Deaths as in Those with Unexpected Deaths” Award Winner American College of Physicians 1994.
- "Using a Severity of Illness Index to Predict Hospitalization in Outpatients: A Tool for Assuring Equitable Distribution of Patients among Insurance Companies”.
- "Differences in Length of Stay in Outlier Identification: Average Length of Stay Vs. Severity Adjusted Length of Stay”.