|Phone: (973) 713-1027|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- Ph.D.,Chemical Engineering, Rutgers University, 1975
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Bombay University, 1970
Dr. Mehta has over 30 years global executive experience in Pharmaceutical Industry with demonstrated leadership skills. Area cover timely global capscity additions. Technology transfer / validation, regulatory filings, business development and licensing. Products include API, solid oral dose, liquid and sterile injectables.
- 2010– Present, VP Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls and Manufacturing. Omthera Pharmaceuticals Inc., Wholly owned sunsidiary of AZ. Princeton, NH
- 2008 – 2011, Adjunct Professors at at Stevens Institute of Technology and Consultant to Phrma Industry.
- 2002 – 2008, VP Manufacturing, Genta Inc., Berkeley Heights, NJ
- 2001-2002, VP South East Asia Operations, BMS, New Brunswick, NJ
- 1990-2001, Senior Director Operation / Engineering, Pfizer Inc. (Warner-Lambert), Morris Plains, NJ
- 1977-1990, Manager Commercialization, GE Platics, Mt. Vernon, IN
- 1975-1977, Senior Process Engineer, Catalytic, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Honors & Awards
Multiple awards at GE Plastics and at Pfizer Inc.
Member of AIChE, ISPE, AAPS, ACS
PME 530 Introduction to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
PME 535 Good Manufacturing Practice in Pharmaceutical Facilities Design
PME 628 Manufacturing and Packaging of Pharmaceutical Oral Solid Dosage Products
PME 643 Design and Management of Aseptic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes
PME 537 Sustainable Design and Operation for FDA Regulated Facilities