|Phone: (973) 713-1027|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- Ph.D.,Chemical Engineering, Rutgers University, 1975
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Bombay University, 1970
Dr. Mehta has over 30 years global executive experience in Pharmaceutical Industry with demonstrated leadership skills. Area cover timely global capscity additions. Technology transfer / validation, regulatory filings, business development and licensing. Products include API, solid oral dose, liquid and sterile injectables.
- 2010– Present, VP Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls and Manufacturing. Omthera Pharmaceuticals Inc., Wholly owned sunsidiary of AZ. Princeton, NH
- 2008 – 2011, Adjunct Professors at at Stevens Institute of Technology and Consultant to Phrma Industry.
- 2002 – 2008, VP Manufacturing, Genta Inc., Berkeley Heights, NJ
- 2001-2002, VP South East Asia Operations, BMS, New Brunswick, NJ
- 1990-2001, Senior Director Operation / Engineering, Pfizer Inc. (Warner-Lambert), Morris Plains, NJ
- 1977-1990, Manager Commercialization, GE Platics, Mt. Vernon, IN
- 1975-1977, Senior Process Engineer, Catalytic, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Honors & Awards
Multiple awards at GE Plastics and at Pfizer Inc.
Member of AIChE, ISPE, AAPS, ACS
- PME 530 Introduction to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- PME 535 Good Manufacturing Practice in Pharmaceutical Facilities Design
- PME 628 Manufacturing and Packaging of Pharmaceutical Oral Solid Dosage Products
- PME 643 Design and Management of Aseptic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes
- PME 537 Sustainable Design and Operation for FDA Regulated Facilities