|ADJUNCT ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Mechanical Engineering|
|Research Center: Design and Manufacturing Institute|
He received a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from Iowa State University in 1990. He received a MS degree in Mechanical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in 1995 and a PhD degree in Electro-Mechanical Packaging Optimization from Stevens Institute of Technology in 2002.
- Electro-Mechanical configuration design optimization
- Complex system optimization
- Green manufacturing
- Composite manufacturing technology
- MEMS packaging
Dr. Yu is a researcher at DMI and an adjunct professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
He has been working as a researcher at DMI, Stevens Institute of Technology since 2001 and has been teaching courses on design and manufacturing at the Stevens Institute of Technology since 2004.
- Yu, C. and Pochiraju, K.. (May 2006). "Low Tool Cost Molding for Thick-Section Composite", SAMPE 2006, Long Beach, California.
- Yu, C., Koh, K., Pochiraju, K. and Manoochehri, S.. (Sep 10-13, 2006). "Development of Distributed Computing Framework for Parallel Multi-Disciplinary Optimization", Proceedings of ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Yu, C, Pochiraju, K and Manoochehri, S.. (Aug 3-6, 2008). "Pultrusion Process Analysis Using Knowledge-Based System", Proceedings of ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Brooklyn, New York.
ME 564 Principles of Optimum Design and Manufacture
ME 566 Design for Manufacturability