Dr. Eui-Hyeok (EH) Yang
|Room: Carnegie 206|
|Email: [email protected]|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Nanotechnology / Mechanical Engineering|
|Laboratory: Micro Device Laboratory / Nanoelectronics & Nanomechatronics Lab|
- Caltech Postdoctoral Scholar at JPL: Caltech/Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 1999 – 2000
- Postdoctoral Scholar: Institute of Industrial Science (IIS), University of Tokyo, Japan: 1996 – 1998
- Ph.D: Electrical Engineering, Ajou University, Korea (1996).
- M.S, B.S: Control Engineering, Ajou University, Korea (1992, 1990).
The EH Yang group's research is aimed at understanding some of the basic principles of smart surfaces and 1D/2D material growth, solving complex problems in the implementation of these materials and device concepts. The goal is to develop new routes of nanofabrication strategies that would lead to advanced materials and devices, with broad implications in fields ranging from electronics and photonics to energy, environment and medicine.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Sensors Journal: 2008 – current
- Associate Editor, Nanosci.Nanotech. Lett: 2010 – current
- Director, Micro Device Laboratory,Stevens Institute of Technology: 2008 – current
- Research Advisor, National Research Council: 2002 – 2006
- Technical Monitor, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 2001 – 2006
- Task Manager, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 2001 – 2006
EH Yang has extensive experience in developing micro- and nano-fabrication technologies, MEMS devices, and nanomaterials.
Prior to Stevens, he was a Senior Member of the Engineering Staff at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, responsible for obtaining funding from NRO, DARPA and NASA. He was recognized of his excellence in advancing the use of MEMS–based actuators for space applications.
- Institute Promotion and Tenure Committee (2015 - current)
- Chiar: Research and Entrepreneurship Committee (2014-2015)
- Chair: MDL Technical Committee (2007 - current)
- Undergraduate Promotions Committee (2009 – 2010)
- Faculty Academic Entrepreneurship Task Force (2010 – 2012)
- Freshman Faculty Advisor (2008 - current)
- Graduate Students Faculty Advisor (2007 - current)
- Mechanical Engineering Research Committee (2010 – 2012)
- Mechanical Engineering Communications Committee (2010 – 2011)
- Chair, ASME MEMS Division, 2013 - 2014
- Member of Executive Committee, ASME MEMS Division, 2009 - 2015
- Chair of Program and Editorial Committee, ASME MEMS Division, 2009 – 2010
- Track Chair, Micro and Nano Materials, Devices and Systems Track, International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) 2009-2011:
- Micro and Nano Systems Track consists of approximately 50 sessions and over 200 presentations related to advances in Nano and Micro Systems
- Track Co-Chair, Micro and Nano Materials, Devices and Systems Track, International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) 2012
- Track Co-Chair, Nanoengineering for Medicine and Biology Track, International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) 2011
- Committee Member, ASME Society-Wide Micro/Nano Poster Forum, IMECE, 2009-2012
- Topic Organizer, Micro and Nano Devices Topic/Symposium, IMECE, 2005-2011
- Chair of Organizing Committee, Metro Area MEMS/NEMS Workshop: Nanomanufacturing, 2007, 2010
- Member of Technical Program Committee: SPIE Defense and Security Symposium (MEMS and Nanotechnology) 2008-2011; IEEE Sensors Conference, 2007-2009; SPIE MOEMS Conference 2004-2006
Honors & Awards
- Decadal Service Recognition (2014), ASME MEMS Division
- Recognized for his excellence in leading the division in efforts to foster collaboration and maintain a high level of creativity in the field.
- NASA ICB Space Act Award (2005)
- Lew Allen Award for Excellence (2003), JPL:
- Recognized for his excellence in advancing the use of Micro Electro Mechanical Systems–based actuators for space applications. Developed several significant areas of research in MEMS-based actuators for space applications, utilizing MEMS actuators for high-pressure, low leak-rate microvalves, deformable mirrors and inchworm devices for large aperture, space-based telescopes.
- Level C Award (2003)
- NASA ICB Space Act Award (2003)
- Level B Award (2001)
- Class 1 NASA Tech Brief Awards (29 awards), JPL
- Research Fellowship of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (1996-1998), The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Summa Cum Laude Honor (1990), Ajou University, Korea
- Professor, Mechanical Eng., Stevens Institute of Technology: 2014 – current
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Eng., Stevens Institute of Technology: 2006 – 2014
- Senior Member of Eng. Staff, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 2003 – 2006
- Member of Engineering Staff, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory: 2000 – 2002
- IEEE - Senior Member, Associate Editor and Member of Editorial Board, Member of Technical Program Committee
ASME - Member, Member of Executive Committee, Track Chair, Symposium Organizer
SPIE - Member of Technical Program Committee, Session Chair and Organizer
Grants, Contracts & Funds
Approximately $7M as PI
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Title: Wavelength-Tunable IR Detector based on Suspended Bilayer Graphene Micro Ribbons (FA9550-12-1-0326)
- NSF: Tunable Wetting on Smart Polymers for Ultra-Low Voltage Digital Microfluidics (ECCS-1202269)
- NSF: Bandgap-Tunable Graphene Nanoribbons for High Speed, Ultra-Wide-Band Photodetectors) (ECCS-1104870)
- NSF NUE: Nanotechnology EXposure for Undergraduate Students (NUE-NEXUS),(EEC-1138244)
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research: Instrumentation for Atomic Lattice Imaging of Graphitic Materials for Advanced Nanoelectronics and Nanosensing Systems (FA9550-11-1-0272)
- NSF Major Research Instrumentation: Acquisition of a Nanoimprint Lithography System for Nanoscience Research and Education based on Low-Dimensional Materials (ECCS-1040007)
- NASA GSFC IRAD: Ultra-Low Leak Rate Piezoelectrically Actuated Microvalves for Controlled Sampling by Mass Spectrometers, IRAD: Graphene as Transparent Conductive Electrodes for High Density Focal Plane Assemblies, co-PI
- US Army, Armament Research Development & Engineering Center: Carbon-based Electron Wave Interferometer for Chip-Scale Gyroscopes for Guided, Gun Launched Munitions and Missiles (W15QKN-05-D-0011)
- NSF Major Research Instrumentation: Acquisition of an Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) Etching System for Nano/Micro Device Fabrication, co-PI (ECCS-0821606)
- NASA SBIR Phase II, Title: Micromachined Piezoelectric Multi-layer Actuators for Cryogenic adaptive Optics: co-PI, Phase I, Title: Micromachined Piezoelectric Multi-layer Actuators for Cryogenic adaptive Optics: co-PI, (NASA Contract No.NNX09CA83C)
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Title: Ultra-High-Speed Single Electron Memory Devices based on Carbon Nanotube Quantum Dots (FA9550-08-1-0134)
- DARPA TTO, co-PI
- National Reconnaissance Office, Director’s Innovation Initiatives
- NASA NRA, Astrobiology Science and Technology Instrument Development, co-PI
- NASA Code R Enabling Concepts and Technologies (ECT) Program
- Caltech President Funding
- Center for Adaptive Optics
- NASA Cross Enterprise Technology Development Program
Patents & Inventions
- K. Kang and E. H. Yang, "The Contact-Growth Method – Direct and Pre-patterned Synthesis of 2 Dimensional Heterostructures,” Provisional Patent, US 62/183,331, June 23/2015
- V. Patil, S. Straufand E. H. Yang, "Active Bandgap Tuning of Materials for Tunable Photodetection Applications," US 8,878,120 US Patent
- V. Patil, Y. Kim, K. Kumar and E. H. Yang, "High-Throughput Graphene Printing and Selective Transfer Using a Localized Laser Heating Technique," U.S. Patent Pending Patent application number: 20140231002
- Y. Kim, K. Kumar and F. Fisher, and E. H. Yang, "Popcorn-like Growth of Graphene-CNT 3D Multi-stack Architecture for Energy Storage Applications," U.S. Patent Pending: Patent application number: 20140127584
- Y. –T. Tsai, C.-H. Choi and E. H. Yang, “Marangoni Stress-Driven Droplet Manipulation on Smart Polymers for Ultra-Low Voltage Digital Microfluidics," US Patent Pending: Patent application number: 20120248229
- K. Kumar and E. H. Yang, “A High-throughput Local Oxidation Patterning Process,” US Patent Pending: Patent application number: 20100243472
- 7. C. P. Search, S. Strauf and E. H. Yang, “Phase Coherent Solid State Electron Gyroscope Array,” US Patent Pending: Patent application number: 20110140088
- E. H. Yang, L. Wild, N. Rohatgi and D. Bame, “A Piezoelectric Microvalve under Ultra-High Upstream Pressure for Integrated Micropropulsion and Method for Operating the Same”, Currently under review by NASA
- E. H. Yang, D. Choi, S. Bae, and C. Ramsey, “Fabrication of Copper Nanotubes by Electrochemical Deposition, and Copper Nanotubes Made Therefrom,” NASA Case No. NPO-42261-1: Government Owned Invention filed by NASA
- E. H. Yang, “A PZT Bimorph based, High Stroke MEMS Deformable Mirror with a Continuous Membrane for Active Optical Systems” US 7,336,412 B2 US Patent
- E. H. Yang, “Wafer Level Transfer of Membranes with Gas-Phase Etching and Wet Etching Methods,” US 7,268,081 US Patent
- W. Fink, E. H. Yang, C. Lee, M. Humayun, and G. Y. Fujii, “Optically Powered And Optically Data-Transmitting Wireless Intraocular Pressure Sensor Device,” US 7,131,945 B2 US Patent
- E. H. Yang and D. Wiberg, “A Wafer-Level Transfer of Membranes in Semiconductor Processing,” US 6,777,312 B2 US Patent
- W. Xu, J. Xu, C.-H. Choi, E. H. Yang. (2015). "In Situ Control of Underwater-Pinning of Organic Droplets on a Surfactant-Doped Conjugated Polymer Surface", ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 7 (46), 25608. Download (2218 kb PDF).
- K. N. Kang, K. Godin and E. H. Yang. (2015). "The Growth Scale and Kinetics of WS2 Monolayers under Varying H2 Concentration", Scientific Reports, (5), 13205. Download (1397 kb PDF).
- J. Ding, K. Du, I. Wathuthanthri, C.-H. Choi, F. T. Fisher and E. H. Yang. (Sep 2014). "Transfer Patterning of Large-area Graphene Nanomesh via Holographic Lithography and Plasma Etching", Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 6 (32), 2166. Download (453 kb PDF).
- V. Patil, A. Capone, S. Strauf and E. H. Yang. (Sep 2013). "Improved Photoresponse with Enhanced Photoelectric Contribution in Fully Suspended CVD Graphene Photodetectors", Scientific Reports, (3), 2791. Download (563 kb PDF).
- K. Kumar, Y.-S. Kim, X. Li, Xin, J. Ding, F. T. Fisher and E. H. Yang. (Sep 2013). "Chemical Vapor Deposition of Carbon Nanotubes on Monolayer Graphene Substrates: Reduced Etching via Suppressed Catalytic Hydrogenation using C2H4", Chemistry of Materials, Download (1579 kb PDF).
- K. Kumar and E. H. Yang. (Sep 2013). "On the Growth Mode of Two-lobe Curvilinear Graphene Domains at Atmospheric Pressure", Scientific Reports, (3), 2571. Download (1513 kb PDF).
- K. Kumar, K. Kim and E. H. Yang. (Sep 20, 2013). "The Influence of Thermal Annealing to Remove Polymeric Residue on the Electronic Doping and Morphological Characteristics of Graphene", Carbon, (65), 35. Download (1721 kb PDF).
- Y.-T. Tsai, C.-H. Choi, and E. H. Yang. (2013). "Low-Voltage Manipulation of an Aqueous Droplet in a Microchannel via Tunable Wetting on PPy(DBS)", Lab Chip, RSC. (13), 302. Download (978 kb PDF).
- Y. Kim, K. Kumar, F. Fisher and E. H. Yang. (2012). "Out-of-Plane Growth of CNTs on Graphene for Supercapacitor Applications", Nanotechnology, Most downloaded article, Featured in the exclusive Highlight 2012 collection . (23), 015301. Download (773 kb PDF).
- M. Begliarbekov, K. Sasaki, O. Sul, E. H. Yang, and S. Strauf. (2011). "Optical Control of Edge Chirality in Graphene", Nano Letters, (11), 4874-4878. Download (2251 kb PDF).
- K. Kumar, O. Sul, S. Strauf, F. Fisher, D. S. Choi, M. G. Prasad, and E. H. Yang. (Jul 2011). "A Study on Nanoscale Carbon Nanotube Local Oxidation Lithography using an Atomic Force Microscope", IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology (TNANO), 10 (4), 849-854. Download (556 kb PDF).
- Y. Tsai, C.-H. Choi, N. Gao and E. H. Yang. (2011). "Tunable Wetting Mechanism of Polypyrrole Surfaces and Low-Voltage Droplet Manipulation via Redox", Langmuir, 27 (7), 4249-4256. Download (3349 kb PDF).
- O.Sul, S. Jang and E. H. Yang. (2011). "Determination of Mechanical Properties and Actuation Behaviors of Polypyrrole-Copper Bimorph Nanoactuators", IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology (TNANO), 10 (5), 985-990. Download (643 kb PDF).
- M. Begliarbekov, O. Sul, J. Santanello, N. Ai, X. Zhang, E.H. Yang, and S. Strauf. (2011). "Localized States and Resultant Band Bending in Graphene Antidot Superlattices", Nano Letters, 11 (3), 1254. Download (4959 kb PDF).
- W. Xu, R. Leeladhar, Y.-T. Tsai, E. H. Yang, and C.-H. Choi. (2011). "Evaporative Self-Assembly of Nanowires on Superhydrophobic Surfaces of Nano-Tip Latching Structures", Applied Physics Letters, (98), 073101. Download (970 kb PDF).
- Y.-T. Tsai, W. Xu, E.H. Yang and C.-H. Choi. (Jun 2010). "Self-Assembly of Nanowires at Three-Phase Contact Lines on Superhydrophobic Surfaces", Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 2 (2), 150. Download (10975 kb PDF).
- K. Kumar, S. Strauf, and E.H. Yang. (Jun 2010). "A Systematic Study of Graphite Local Oxidation Lithography Parameters Using an Atomic Force Microscope", Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 2 (2), 185. Download (2150 kb PDF).
- M. Begliarbekov, O. Sul, N. Ai, E. H. Yang, S. Strauf. (2010). "Aperiodic conductivity oscillations in quasi-ballistic graphene heterojunctions", Applied Physics Letters, (97), 122106. Download (173 kb PDF).
- D. S. Choi, J.-R. Park, S. Lee, T. Hahn, N. Presser, M. Leung, G. Stupian, E. H. Yang, and F Khalid. (2010). "Micro-capacitors based on Electrochemically Grown Vertical Arrays of Gold Nanowires as Electrodes", Thin Solid Films, 17 (518), 5007-5009. Download (468 kb PDF).
- M. Begliarbekov, O. Sul, S. Kalliakos, E. H. Yang, S. Strauf. (2010). "Determination of Edge Purity in Bilayer Graphene Using micro-Raman Spectrosopy", Applied Physics Letters, 97 031908. Download (425 kb PDF).
- N. Gao, H. Wang and E. H Yang. (Jan 2010). "An Experimental Study on Ferromagnetic Nickel Nanowires Functionalized with Antibody for Cell Separation", Nanotechnology. 21 105107. Download (1119 kb PDF).
- O.Sul, S. Jang and E. H. Yang. (2009). "Step-Edge Calibration of Torsional Sensitivity for Lateral Force Microscopy", Measurement Science and Technology. 20 115104. Download (598 kb PDF).
- N. Ai, O. Sul, M. Begliarbekov, Q. Song, K. Kumar, D. S. Choi, E. H. Yang, S. Strauf. (Jun 2010). "Transconductance and Coulomb blockade properties of in-plane grown carbon nanotube field effect transistors", Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters, 2 (2), 73-78. Download (962 kb PDF).
- S. W. Lee, S. S. Lee and E. H. Yang. (2009). "A Study on Field Emission Characteristics of Planar Graphene Sheets", Nanoscale Research Letters, 4 1218. Download (335 kb PDF).
- D.S. Choi and E. H. Yang. (2009). "Fabrication of Buried Nanochannels by Transferring", Journal of Sensors and Materials, 21 (6), 315-319. Download (1923 kb PDF).
- K.Shcheglov, X. Jiang, R. Toda, Z. Chang, and E. H. Yang. (2009). "Hybrid Linear Microactuators and Their Control Models for Mirror Shape Correction", Journal of Micro-Nano Mechatronics, 4 159-167. Download (2599 kb PDF).
- O. Sul ad E. H. Yang. (2009). "A Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube-Aluminum Bimorph Nanoactuator", Nanotechnology, 20 095502. Download (654 kb PDF).
- Y. Rheem, C. Hangarter, E. H. Yang, N. V. Myung, and B. Yoo. (2008). "Site-Specific Magnetic Assembly of Ferromagnetic Nanowire", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 7 251-255. Download (350 kb PDF).
- R. Toda and E. H. Yang. (2007). "Normally-Latched, Large-Stroke, Inchworm Microactuatorv", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 17 1715-1720. Download (913 kb PDF).
- C. M. Hangarter, Y. Rheem, B. Yoo, E. H. Yang, and N. V. Myung. (2007). "Hierarchical Magnetic Assembly of Nanowires", IOP Nanotechnology, Most downloaded article in Nanotechnology, Cover issue. 18 (20), 205-305. Download (839 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, C. Lee and J. Khodadadi. (2007). "Development of MEMS-Based Piezoelectric Microvalve Technologies - Fabrication, Characterization and Modeling", Journal of Sensors and Materials, Special Issue on Microvalve, Invited paper. 19 1-18. Download (414 kb PDF).
- C. A. Johnson, J. M. Khodadadi and E. H. Yang,. (2006). "Modeling of Frictional Gas Flow Effects in a Piezoelectrically Actuated High-pressure Microvalve under Low Leak-rate Conditions", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 16 2771-2782. Download (973 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, Y. Hishinuma, J.-G. Cheng, S. Trolier-McKinstry, E. Bloemhof, and B. M. Levine. (Oct 2006). "Thin-Film Piezoelectric Unimorph Actuator-based Deformable Mirror with a Transferred Silicon Membrane", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 15 (5), 1214-1225. Download (3505 kb PDF).
- C. Lee, E. H. Yang, S. M. Saeidi and J. Khodadadi. (Jun 2006). "Fabrication, Characterization and Computational Modeling of a Piezoelectrically Actuated Microvalve for Liquid Flow Control,", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 15 (3), 686-696. Download (6849 kb PDF).
- Y. Hishinuma and E. H. Yang. (Apr 2006). "Piezoelectric Unimorph Microactuator Arrays for Single-Crystal Silicon Continuous Membrane Deformable Mirror", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 15 (2), 370-379. Download (1775 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, C. S. Lee, J. Mueller and T. George. (Oct 2004). "Leak-Tight Piezoelectric Microvalve for High-Pressure Gas Micropropulsion", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 13 (5), 799-807. Download (1292 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang and D. V. Wiberg. (Dec 2003). "A Wafer-Scale Membrane Transfer Process for the Fabrication of Optical Quality, Large Continuous Membranes", IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 12 (6), 804-815. Download (1966 kb PDF).
- C. Lee, E. H. Yang, N.V. Myung, and T. George. (Oct 2003). "A Nanochannel Fabrication Technology without Nanolithography", ACS NanoLetters, 3 (10), 1339-1340. Download (84 kb PDF).
- J. Mueller, J. Polk, E. H. Yang, A. Green, V. White, D. Bame, I. Chakraborty, S. Vargo, and R. Reinicke. (2003). "An Overview of MEMS-Based Micropropulsion Developments at JPL", Acta Astronautica, 52 (9-12), 881-895. Download (1924 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang and H. Fujita. (Mar 1999). "Reshaping of Single Crystal Silicon Microstructures", Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1, 38 (3A), 1580-1583. Download (182 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang and H. Fujita. (1998). "Determination of the Modification of Young's Modulus due to Joule Heating of Microstructures Using U-Shaped Beams", Sensors and Actuators A, 70 185-190. Download (553 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, S. W. Han and S. S. Yang. (1996). "Fabrication and Testing of a Pair of Passive Bivalvular Microvalves Composed of p+ Silicon Diaphragms", Sensors and Actuators A, 57 75-78. Download (260 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang and S. S. Yang. (Jun 1996). "The Quantitative Determination of the Residual Stress Profile in Oxidized p+ Silicon Films", Sensors and Actuators A, 54 684-686. Download (377 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, S. S. Yang, S. W. Han and S. Y. Kim. (Dec 1995). "Fabrication and Dynamic Testing of Electrostatic Microactuators with p+ Diaphragms", Sensors and Actuators A, 50 151-156. Download (602 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang, S. S. Yang and S. H. Yoo. (Aug 1995). "A Technique for Quantitative Determination of the Profile of the Residual Stress along the Depth of p+ Silicon Films", Appl. Phys. Lett., 67 (14), 912-914. Download (218 kb PDF).
- E. H. Yang. "Graphene and CNT Architectures - Fundamentals and Device Applications", ThinFilms2014, 15-18 July 2014, Chongqing, China, Conference Keynote.
- E. H. Yang. (Oct 2013). "Utilization of Large-Area Graphene/CNT Architectures in Photonic and En-ergy Storage Applications", International Conference and Exhibition on Laser, Optics and Photonics, San Antonio, TX, Keynote Lecture.
- E. H. Yang. (Sep 2013). "Polymer-based Microfluidics", Smart Lab-on-a-Chip World Con-gress, San Diego, CA, Invited Lecture.
- E. H. Yang. (Aug 2013). "Nanoengineered Tunable Carbon Surfaces", UKC 2013, Newark, NJ, Invited Presentation.
- E. H. Yang. (Nov 2011). "Graphene-based Nano-Opto-Electro-Mechanical Devices", International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Denver, CO, Invited Presentation.
- E. H. Yang. (Jul 2011). "Carbon-based Nanotechnology for Sensors, Actuators and Electronics", ASME/Pacific Rim Technical Conference and Exhibition on Integration and Packaging of MEMS, NEMS and Electronic Systems (InterPACK'11), Portland, OR, Track Plenary Lecture.
- P. A. Huang and E. H Yang. (Nov 2009). "MEMS Thruster System for CubeSat Orbital Maneuver Applications", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Lake Buena Vista, FL, Invited Presentation.
- E. H. Yang. (Jul 8-12, 2007). "Microfabricated Actuators for Space Applications", ASME/Pacific Rim Technical Conference and Exhibition on Integration and Packaging of MEMS, NEMS and Electronic Systems (InterPACK '07), Keynote Talk.
- S. Strauf and E. H. Yang. (Apr 2011). "Graphene Optoelectronics based on Antidot Superlattices", SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications, Conference, Orlando, FL, Invited Paper.
- E. H. Yang. (Apr 2010). "Engineered Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene for Nanoelectronics and Nanomechanics", SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications, Conference, Orlando, FL. Invited Paper.
- E. H. Yang. (Jan 2010). "Engineered Nanowires, Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene for Sensors, Actuators and Electronics", SPIE MEMS-MOEMS, San Francisco, CA. Invited paper.
- P. A. Huang and E. H. Yang. (Apr 2009). "MEMS-based Warm Gas Thruster System for CubeSat Orbital Maneuver Applications", SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Space Exploration Technologies II, Conference 7331 - Proceedings of SPIE, Orlando, FL USA. Invited Paper. 7331.
- E. H. Yang. (Apr 2007). "Microactuators for Wavefront Correction in Space", SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, Micro and Nanotechnologies for Defense and Security, Proceeding of SPIE, Orlando, FL, Invited Paper. 6556.
- P. Krulevitch, P. Bierden, T. Bifano, E. Carr, C. Dimas, H. Dyson, M. Helmbrecht, P. Kurczynski, R. Muller, S. Olivier, Y. Peter, B. Sadoulet, O. Solgaard, and E. H. Yang. (Jan 2003). "MOEMS Spatial Light Modulator Development at the Center for Adaptive Optics", SPIE Photonics West, Micromachining and Microfabrication Conference, San Jose, California, USA, Invited Paper.
- J. Mueller, E. H. Yang, A. Green, V. White, I. Chakraborty and R. Reinicke. (Oct 2001). "Design and Fabrication of MEMS-Based Micropropulsion Devices at JPL", Reliability, Testing, and Characterization of MEMS/MOEMS, Proceedings of SPIE, San Francisco. Invited Paper. 4558 57-71.
- T. George, Y. Bae, I. Chakraborty, H. Cherry, C. Evans, F. Eyre, A. Hui, K.King, L.Kim, R.Lawtona, G. Lin, C.Marreseb, J.Mueller, J.Podosek, K.Shcheglov, T.Tang, T.VanZandt, S.Vargo, J.Wellmana, V.White, D.Wiberg and E. H. Yang. (Jul 30, 2000). "MEMS Technology at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory", SPIE Int'l Symp. Optical Science and Technology, San Diego, Invited Paper.
- ME 483 Control Systems
- ME 581 Introduction to Bio Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (BioMEMS)
- ME 610 Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 681 Applications of Advanced Micro/Nano Materials, Structures and Devices
- ME 682 Advanced Nanofabrication for Nanoelectronics
- NANO 200 Intro to Nanotechnology
- NANO 325 Introduction to Nanofabrication and Characterization