|Phone: (267) 261-2121|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- MBA Master Degree in Organizational and Business Development, LaSalle University, PA, 2004
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, State College of New Jersey, NJ, 1989
He is a licensed Professional Engineer. Jack is the author of a number of books on Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes, Facilities and GMP Operations.
- 2012 – Present, Associate Director, Strategy/Business Development of Cap & Asset Lifecycle Mgt and Capital Project Services, Merck, MMD West Point, PA
- 2008 – 2012, Manager, Engineering in Merck MMD Bio-Tech Manufacturing, West Point, PA
- 2007 – Present, Adjunct Professor in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering, Master-Degree Program, Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ
- 2007 – 2008, Manager, Engineering Merck MMD Barrier Ops, West Pont, PA
- 2002 – 2007, Manager, Engineering Merck MMD SOS for Pilot Plant and GxP Lab Ops, West Point, PA
- 1998 – 2001, Manager, Engineering Merck MMD Pharmaceutical Manufacturing PMTS, West Point, PA
- 1995 – 1997, Senior Engineer, Merck MRL & OSD/SFO Pilot Plants, West Point, PA
- 1992 – 1995, Associate of IPS, Engineering/Project Management, PA
- 1988 – 1991, Project Manager of CUH2A, Princeton, NJ
- 1985 – 1987, Project Engineer, Benton Engineering, Princeton, NJ
- 2013 – present, Chair, OSD Baseline Guide, ISPE
- 2013 – present, Member, Senior Project Review Panel, Widener University, PA
- 2012 – present, Member, Advisory Board, OSD, ISPE
- 2009 – 2011, Chair, OSD CoP, ISPE
- 2006 – 2008, Member, Board of Directors, D&B Institution DVC, PA
- 2009 – present, Member, IEEE Committee on Widget and Gadget Technology
- 2006 – present, Associate Editor, International Journal of Industrial Equipment Design
Honors & Awards
- 2012 Keynote Speaker, 2011 ISPE Annual Conference, Shanghai, China
- 2011 Conference Session Chair, 2010 ISPE Annual Conference, Beijing, China
- 2010 OSD Program Lead, 2009 ISPE Annual Conference, Shanghai, China
- 2009 “Excellent Educational Program Leader” ISPE Japan
- 2008 Pointed “Official OSD and API Course Instructor” by ISPE
- 2004 “Certified Golden-Level Design Engineer - Innovative VRF HVAC System” Mitsubishi Corp
- 2000 “Distinguish Professionals” by International “Who is Who Organization”
- 1999 “Special Recognition Award – OSD” ISPE
- 1993 “Outstanding Project Services Award – Data Center” Towers Perrins Corp
- 1987 Member, “the Best Project Design/Presentation Club”, Class of 1989
He is an active member of ASHRAE and ISPE.
Patents & Inventions
- Fisheye in bio-reactor (Pending)
- Jack C. Chu. "GMP Understanding and Application in Pharmaceutical Industry and Academic Study".
- Jack C. Chu. "PAT Application and CMP Opportunities".
- Jack C. Chu. "MES, the enabler of Lean Manufacturing".
- Jack C. Chu. "Successful Engineering Solutions by Implementing of Quality Risk Assessment".
- Jack C. Chu. "OSD Process and Manufacturing Operations".
- Jack C. Chu. "Process HVAC Design and Implementation".
- Jack C. Chu. "GEP in Pharmaceutical Facility and Utilities".
- Jack C. Chu. (2014). GEP - Engineering Handbook - draft,.
- Jack C. Chu. (2013). Good Project Management Practice - draft,.
- Jack C. Chu. (2013). Good Fixed Asset Lifecycle Management Practice,.
- Jack C. Chu. (2012). Good Capital Management Practice,.
- Jack C. Chu. (2007). OSD BG 2nd Edition,.
- Jack C. Chu. (2005). Good Design Practice for GMP Pharmaceutical Facility,.
- Jack C. Chu. (1999). OSD BG 1st Edition,.
- Jack C. Chu. (1998). GMP Compliance, Productivity, and Quality - Achieving Synergy in Healthcare Manufacturing,.
PME 530 Introduction to Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
PME 535 Good Manufacturing Practice in Pharmaceutical Facilities Design