H. Quynh Dinh
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
Computer Science, M.S. 1999, Ph.D. 2002, Georgia Institute of Tech., Atlanta, GA
Computer Engineering, B.S. 1994, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Dr. Dinh’s research is in the area of computer graphics, specializing in shape representations, shape matching, morphing, surface reconstruction, and vector field matching. Dr. Dinh has published in the ACM Transactions on Graphics, the IEEE Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, the International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Analysis (CVPR), and the International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV).
Computer Science MS Admissions Committee, chair, 2006-present
ISSA Curriculum Committee, 2006-2007
CS freshmen adviser, 2006-2007
CS undergraduate adviser, 2005-2007
Graphics Interface Conference, program committee member, 2007, 2008
IEEE CVPR International Workshop on Beyond Multi-view Geometry, program co-chair, 2007
Reviewer for ACM SIGGRAPH, IEEE Visualization, IEEE Transactions On Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), Eurographics, Graphics Interface, Computer Graphics Forum, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Intl. Conference on Communications and Electronics, Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Scholarship 2007
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2002-present
Grants, Contracts & Funds
National Science Foundation (NSF) grant: “A Transderivational Search Engine for Creative Analogy Generation in Mixed-Media Design”, H.Q. Dinh (PI), E. Fisher (Co-PI), 2007-2009
- G. Slabaugh, H.Q. Dinh, and G. Unal. (Jun 2007). "A Variational Approach to the Evolution of Radial Basis Functions for Image Segmentation", IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). PDF 419KB .
- H.Q. Dinh and S. Kropac. (Jun 2006). "Multi-Resolution Spin-Images", IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). PDF 1.3M .
- B. M. Carvalho and H.Q. Dinh. (2005). "Visualization of Treatment Evolution Using Hardware-Accelerated Morphs", 13th Conf. on Medicine Meets Virtual Reality (MMVR). PDF 183K .
- H.Q. Dinh, G. Turk, and G. Slabaugh. (Jun 2001). "Reconstructing Surfaces Using Anisotropic Basis Functions", IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV). 606-613. PDF 1.3M .
- H.Q. Dinh, N. Walker, C. Song, A. Kobayashi, and L. Hodges. (1999). "Evaluating the Importance of Multi-Sensory Input on Learning and the Sense of Presence in Virtual Environments", IEEE Virtual Reality (VRAIS). PDF 187K .
- S.B. Kang and H.Q. Dinh. (1999). "Layered Image-Based Rendering", Graphics Interface. PDF 1.3 M .
- H.Q. Dinh, R. Metoyer, and G. Turk. (1998). "Real-Time Lighting Changes for Image-Based Rendering", IASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging. PDF 460K .
- H.Q. Dinh, A. Yezzi, and G. Turk. (Apr 2005). "Texture Transfer During Shape Transformation", ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), 24 (3), 289-310. PDF 621K .
- H.Q. Dinh, G. Turk, and G. Slabaugh. (Oct 2002). "Reconstructing Surfaces by Volumetric Regularization Using Radial Basis Functions", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), 24 (10), 1358-1371. PDF 2.9M .
- CS 520 Introduction to Operating Systems
- CS 492 Operating Systems
- CS 537 Interactive Computer Graphics
- CS 638 Advanced Computer Graphics
- CS 538 Visual Analytics