|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering / Engineering Services|
|Program: Mechanical Engineering|
1998-Present Director, Engineering Services Department, School of Engineering Services Development of Electro/Mechanical Instrumentation for Design Laboratories PhD. Candidate
- 1988-1996 Division Chief, Electronic and Mechanical Design, Davidson Laboratory, Stevens Institute of Technology
- 1972-1988 Research Engineer, Transportation Research Group, Davidson Laboratory, Stevens Institute of Technology
- 1964-1970 BKPMOT R/D for automotive industry, Warsaw, Poland
Institutional Service :
1998-Present Director, Engineering Services Department, School of Engineering
- Block Drug Company, Jersey City, NJ AT&T, Florham Park, NJ E. J. Brooks, Newark, NJ
Honors & Awards
- Quarter Century Service Citation, from The Stevens Alumni Association, for service to students
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Special Visual Effects “The Orchestra”, Great Performances, PBS.
Professional Engineer since 1978 in New Jersey, License 24GE02466700
Patents & Inventions
- Esche, S. K. & Nazalewicz, J. W. (2002). Adaptive shock and vibration attenuation using adaptive isolators. Patent Application No. 09/954,994, Pending.
- Nazalewicz, J. W., McKee, G., Leon, J. P., Amis, L., F., “ Programmable Lock and Security System”, US Patent No. 6097306, Aug. 1, 2000
- Chassapis, C., Esche, S. K., Nazalewicz, J. W. & Hromin, D. J. (2003). Multi-user, multi-device remote access system. Provisional Patent Application No. 60/442,637.
- Hromin, D. J., Esche, S. K. & Nazalewicz, J. W.. (2002). "A Universal Technology Platform for Remote Sensing and Controlling.", Final Report to National Science Foundation, JDS Technologies, Inc., Ridgefield, New Jersey, USA.
- Nazalewicz, J.. (Apr 1986). "Scale Model Tests to Determine the Feasibility of Using Pontoons to Swim the Bradley Fighting Vehicle", Davidson Laboratory Report 2552
- J. Nazalewicz. (Jun 1986). "A Scale Model Evaluation of the Water Performance of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle", Davidson Laboratory Report 2557.
- Nazalewicz, J.. (Feb 1985). "Concept Design Coupling Joint for 60-Ton Vehicles", Davidson Laboratory Letter Report 2521
- Nazalewicz, J.. (Sep 1985). "Effect of Engine Air Grille Coming Height on the Limits of the M-113 FOV During Water Operations", Davidson Laboratory Report 2554
- Donskoy, D.M., Nazalewicz, J.. (1995). "Resonance Low Frequency Sound Source with Extended Frequency Band", ASME, DE
. 84 (2), 511-516.
- Esche, S. K., Chassapis, C., Nazalewicz, J. W. & Hromin, D. J.. (Nov 6-9, 2002). "A scalable system architecture for remote experimentation", Proceedings of the 32nd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- E 120 Engineering Graphics
- ME 424 Engineering Design VIII
- ME 515 Automotive Engineering