Dr. Kishore Pochiraju
|ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & DIRECTOR OF THE DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING INSTITUTE|
|Room: 3rd Floor|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Mechanical Engineering / Integrated Product Development|
|Research Center: Design and Manufacturing Institute|
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Previously known as Regional Engineering College), 1986
- Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Inst. of Technology, Kanpur, 1988
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, 1993
- Multi-Scale Simulation of Performance and Durability of High Temperature Polymeric Composites and Structures
- Real-Time Autonomous or Remotely Operated Robotic Systems
- Product Design and Manufacturing Process Sciences
- Programmer Analyst-II, Tata Engineering, Jamshedpur, India, 1988
- Engineer Trainee, Ind-Suzuki, Bangalore, India, 1986
Academic Experience :
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Composite Materials, University of Delaware, Newark DE, 1993- 1995
- Research Associate, Design and Manufacturing Institute, Stevens Institute of Technology, 1995-1997
- Member, Departmental Graduate Curriculum Committee, 2007- present
- Member, Graduate Curriculum Committee, 2005-2006
- Reviewer for:ASME, Heat Transfer Conferences; Composites Science and Technology; Journal of Thermoplastic Composites; Journal of Polymer Composites
- Member of ASME Committee on Advanced Materials and Processing
- Member ASME Committee on Computing in Applied Mechanics (CONCAM)
- Organized ASME Regional Student Conference at Stevens Institute of Technology, 2002
- Co-Chair (1996-1998) ASME Trenton Section
Honors & Awards
Harvey N. Davis Distinguished Teaching Assistant Professor award, 1999.
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, American Society for Composites
- Member, American Soceity for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Patents & Inventions
Zhu, Z., Cui, H., Pochiraju, K. Flexible parallel manipulator for nano-, meso-or macro-positioning with multi-degrees of freedom WO06107664 (2006).
- G. Tandon K. Pochiraju and G. Schoeppner. (2008). "Thermo-oxidative Behavior of High Temperature PMR-15 Resin and Composites", Materials Science and Engineering, Part-A, 498 (1-2), 150-161.
- Y. Yu and K. Pochiraju. (Dec 2008). "Modeling Long-Term Degradation due to Moisture and Oxygen in Polymeric Matrix Composites", Materials Science and Engineering, Part-A, 498 (1-2), 162-165.
- K. Pochiraju, G. P. Tandon, G. (Nov 2008). "Evolution of stress and deformations in high-temperature polymer matrix composites during thermo-oxidative aging", J. Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 12 (1), 45-68.
- K. H. Ko, K. Pochiraju and S. Manoochehri. (2007). "An Embedded System for Knowledge-Based Cost Evaluation of Molded Parts", J. of Knowledge-Based Systems, 20 (3), 291-299.
- K. H. Ko, K Pochiraju and S Manoochehri. (2007). "Dynamic Evolution of Information Complexity for Analysis of Design and Development", JSME J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems and Manufacturing, 1 (1), 36-47.
- Y. Yu and K. Pochiraju. (2007). "Characterization of temperature-dependent moisture diffusivity in PMR-15 resin", J. of Applied Polymer Science, 106 (2), 1281-1290.
- K. H. Ko, K Pochiraju and S. Manoochechri. (Mar 2007). "An Embedded System for Knowledge-Based Cost Evalutaion of Molded Parts", Journal of Knowledge-Based Systems, 20 (3), pp 291-299.
- KH Ko, K Pochiraju and S Manoochehri. (2007). "Dynamic Evolution of Information Complexity for Analysis of Design and Development", JSME Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, 1 (1), pp:36-47.
- K. V. Pochiraju and G. P. Tandon. (Apr 2005). "Extraction of Singular Stress Fields Using the Axisymmetric Single-Fiber Micromechanics Model", International Journal of Fracture. 132 pp: 329-349.
- Kee Park, K. Pochiraju, C. Chassapis, S. Manoochehri, D. Newport. (2002). "Knowledge-based rapid design evaluation methodology for die-cast components", Concurrent Engineering and Research Applications Journal.. 10 (1), 67-74.
- K. Pochiraju, G. P. Tandon, and N. J. Pagano. (2001). "Analyses of Single Fiber Pushout Considering Interfacial Friction and Adhesion", Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids.. (49), 2307-2338.
- Pochiraju, K., and T-W. Chou.. (1999). "Three-dimensionally woven and braided composites- II: An Experimental Characterization", Polymer Composites.. 20 (6), 733-747.
- Pochiraju, K., and T-W. Chou. (1999). "Three-dimensionally woven and braided composites- I: A model for anisotropic stiffness prediction", Polymer Composites. 20 (4), 565-580.
- L. Q. Tang, K. Pochiraju, C. Chassapis, S. Manoochehri.. (Mar 1998). "A Computer-Aided Optimization Approach for the Design of Injection Mold Cooling Systems", Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of ASME.. 120 165-174.
ME 322 Engineering Design VI
ME 345 Modeling and Simulation
ME 471 Mechanics of Materials
ME 520 Analysis and Design of Composites
ME 554 Introduction to Computer-Aided Design
ME 566 Design for Manufacturability
ME 663 Finite-Element Methods
IPD 611 Simulation and Modeling
ME 635 Simulation and Modeling
ME 664 Special Topics in Applied Finite-Element Methods
E 120 Engineering Graphics
ME 624 Intelligent Mechatronic Systems