|RESEARCH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Chemical Engineering & Materials Science|
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology (2013).
M.S. Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China (2009).
B.S. Electronic Information Science and Technology, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China (2005).
Research in the Interface of Photonics and Functional Nanomaterials at Multi-Length Scales; Specialty Optical Fiber as Integrated Microreactor/Sensor Test-Bed for Chemical and Biological Sensing, Stimuli-Responsive Polyelectrolyte Layer-by-Layer Assembly and Controlled Drug Release
Honors & Awards
Morton Traum Award for Outstanding Doctoral Research in MS&E SIT (2013).
SPIE Educational Scholarship Award SPIE (2012).
Grants, Contracts & Funds
$110,000 received from American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund (ACS PRF) for project entitled “In-Situ SERS Study of Au-Catalyzed Oxidation of Propene Using Multifunctional Microstructured Optical Fiber Platform,” 2015 (role: PI).
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, Bing Zou, Kin Seng Chiang, and Henry Du. (2013). "Effect of irradiation symmetry of CO2 laser on mode coupling in long-period gratings inscribed in photonic crystal fiber", the Proceeding of SPIE. 8722.
- Hui Chen, Fei Tian, Jingmao Chi, and Henry Du. (2014). "Sapphire fiber optic-based surface-enhanced Raman scattering by direct and evanescent-field excitation", the Proceeding of SPIE. 9098 90980T.
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, Xiangzhi Li, and Henry Du. (2014). "Exploration of higher-order mode coupling in long-period gratings for sensitive monitoring of polyelectrolyte self-assembly at nanoscale", the Proceeding of SPIE . 9098 90980R .
- Zonghu He, Fei Tian, Yinian Zhu, Nina Lavlinskaia, and Henry Du. (2011). "Long period gratings in photonic crystal fiber as an optofluidic label-free biosensor", Biosens. Bioelectron. . 26 4774-4778 .
- Fei Tian, Zonghu He, and Henry Du. (2012). "Numerical and experimental investigation of long-period gratings in photonic crystal fiber for refractive index sensing of gas media", Opt. Lett. . 37 380-382 .
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, and Henry Du. (2012). "Long-period grating and its cascaded counterpart in photonic crystal fiber for gas phase measurement", Opt. Express . 20 20951-20961 .
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, Svetlana A. Sukhishvili, and Henry Du. (2012). "Photonic crystal fiber for layer-by-layer assembly and measurements of polyelectrolyte thin films", Opt. Lett. . 37 4299-4301 .
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, Bing Zou, Kin Seng Chiang, and Henry Du. (2013). "Long-period gratings inscribed in photonic crystal fiber by symmetric CO2 laser irradiation", Opt. Express. 21 13208-13218 .
- Fei Tian, Jiri Kanka, Xiangzhi Li, and Henry Du. (2014). "Monitoring layer-by-layer assembly of polyelectrolyte multi-layers using high-order cladding mode in long-period fiber gratings", Sens. Actuators B. 196 475-479.
- Hui Chen, Fei Tian, Jingmao Chi, Jiri Kanka, and Henry Du. (2014). "Advantage of multi-mode sapphire optical fiber for evanescent-field SERS sensing", Opt. Lett.. 39 5822-5825.
- Fei Tian, Svetlana. A. Sukhishvili, and Henry. Du. (2015). "Photonic Crystal Fiber as a Lab-in-Fiber Optofluidic Platform", Lab-on-Fiber Technology, A. Cusano, M. Consales, A. Crescitelli, and A. Ricciardi, Springer.