Daniel De Grande
|Phone: +32 486 15 33 89|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
|Program: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Engineering|
- B.S.C. in Chemical Engineering, University of Louvain, Belgium
- Post-Graduate Studies in Quality Engineering Project Management, Microbiology, and Sterilization Processes
Daniel De Grande holds a BSc in chemical engineering from the University of Louvain (Belgium – Europe) and has completed post-graduate studies in quality engineering, project management, microbiology and sterilization processes.
Daniel has acquired thirty years of experience in the bio/medical/pharmaceutical world, working in different positions and for different employers : he was first product and process development engineer for Baxter, he did marketing development and organized QC laboratory for Terumo, he was head of process engineering and maintenance for GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals and created and headed the Quality Assurance department of Federa, a major contract manufacturer located in Brussels, specialized in the aseptic filling of syringes and ampoules. Daniel pursued is carreer as plant manager for UCB Bioproducts and Eurogentec, companies specialized in the synthesis of Peptides and finally he was managing director of Besins Healthcare, a company producing sexual hormones compounds.
Daniel is also since 19 years an active ISPE member of the international Education committee and a board member of the ISPE Belgian affiliate group. Daniel has given a large number of lectures in the field of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing he was course leader of several conferences and congresses. His main activity since one year is dedicated to the teaching of modern bioscience technology.
- Trainer, professor, coach in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry, 2007-Present
- Managing Director, Besins Healthcare, Brussels, Belgium, 2005-2007
- Plant manager, UCB Bioproducts. Braine L'Alleud, Belgium, 2003-2005
- Managing Director, Steritec Pharmatec. Brussels, Belgium, 2000-2003
- Operation and Quality Assurance Manager, Federa, Brussels, Belgium, 1991-2000
- Process engineering and maintenance manager, GSK, Rixensart, Belgium, 1986-1991
- Principal engineer, research and development, Baxter Healthcare, Belgium, 1982-1986
- Board Member, ISPE International, 1986-2007
PME 660 Medical Devices Manufacturing
PME 585 Good Manufacturing Practice in Medical Device Facility Design