|VISITING PROFESSOR, BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry and Biological Sciences|
B.S. Biology-Chemistry, St. Francis College, Loretto, PA
M.S. Biology-Biochemistry, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
Ph.D. Regulatory Biology, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Kambic is President of HJK Systems Inc. a medical device and regulatory affairs consulting company. Her interests include research on the knee joint meniscus, and mechanical testing and microscopic analysis of biomaterials for knee joint and spinal prosthesis.
She retired from the Staff of the Cleveland Clinic, Department of Biomedical Engineering, where she served as Head of the Biomaterials Testing Laboratories. She remains an active Emeritus Staff and reviewer for research grants. She participates as a program committee member and meeting session moderator for several professional societies.
At Stevens she serves as an academic advisor and instructor for various departmental internal and sponsored projects. She has evaluated the research and performance of graduate students in the application and submission of research proposals for Ph.D. candidacy.
Prior to coming to the Cleveland Clinic she was a Research Scientist, Kidney Disease Institute, NY State Dept Health, Albany, NY and served as an Instructor in the Department of Biology, College of St. Elizabeth, Convent Station, NJ.
Honors & Awards
1999 President, Academy of Surgical Research
1994 Co-Editor - Biomaterial's Mechanical Properties, ASTM, STP 1173, 1994
1993 Research Award - American Society for Artificial Internal Organs
1991 Board of Trustees - American Society Artificial Internal Organs
1991 American Academy of Pediatrics, Urology Research Prize, New Orleans
1989 Editorial Board - Journal of Biomedical Mechanical Behavior, Materials and Engineering
1986 Co-Editor, Vascular Graft Update Safety and Performance ASTM STP 898,
1986 "Biomaterials in Artificial Organs" feature article requested by American Chemical Society in Chem and Eng News 1986; 64(15): 30-48.
1983-1986 Chairperson ASTM F4.04, Subcommittee on Cardiovascular Implants and Materials
1984-1998 Research Adjunct Professor, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Akron
Academy of Surgical Research, Orthopaedic Research Society, Society for Biomaterials, American Chemical Society, NY Academy of Sciences, Sigma Xi
Patents & Inventions
Displacement Transducer Patent Number 6810753 November 2, 2004
- ...from 250 publications.
- Fening S, Kovacic J, Kambic H, McLean S, Miniaci A. (2008). "The effects of modified posterior tibial slope on ACL strain and knee kinematics: A human cadaveric study", J Knee Surg , 21 205-211.
- Spencer E, Valdevit A, Kambic H, Brems J, Iannotti J. (2005). "The effect of humeral component anteversion on shoulder stability with glenoid component retroversion", J Bone Joint Surg, 87 808-814.
- Kambic H, McDevitt C. (2005). "Spatial organization of types I and II collagen in the canine meniscus", J Orthop Res, 23 142-149.
- Bergfeld J, Graham S, Parker R, Valdevit A, Kambic H. (2005). "A biomechanical comparison of posterior cruciate ligament reconstructions using single- and double-bundle tibial inlay techniques", Am J Sports Med, 33 (7), 976-981.
- Valdevit A, Kambic H, McLain R. (2005). "Torsional stability of crosslink configurations: a biomechanical analysis", Spine Journal , (5), 441-445.
- Kambic H, Kantrowitz A, Sung P (eds.). (1986). Vascular Graft Update: Safety and Performance, STP 898, ASTM, Philadelphia, PA.
- Kambic H and Nose Y. (Apr 1983). Plasmapheresis: Historical Perspective, Therapeutic Applications and New Frontier, International Center for Artificial Organs and Transplantation, Cleveland, OH.
- BME 306 Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- BME 423 Senior Design I
- BME 424 Senior Design II
- BME 505 Biomaterials
- BME 506 Biomechanics