|Building: E 304B|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: Mechanical Engineering|
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2003
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt, 1991
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt, 1986
- Knowledge-Based Engineering Systems
- Concurrent Engineering; CAD/CAM
- Computer Integrated Design and Manufacturing
- Machine Tool Design
- Gear Design and Manufacturing
- Composite Materials and Processes
- Finite Element Analysis
- Software development and application skills
- virtual and remote experimentation
Dr. Aziz is a faculty member in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Faculty of Engineering, Mansoura University, Egypt. He is currently working at Stevens on the Internet Based Remote Laboratory project. His interests include Knowledge-Based Engineering Systems; Computer Integrated Design and Manufacturing; Finite Element Analysis; and Software development and application skills.
- Reviewer for ASEE Conferences
- Reviewer for ASME Conferences
Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award, 2006 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Chicago, IL, June 18 - 21, 2006
- Winner of the James Harry Potter Award for Outstanding Performance in the Doctorial Program, Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, 2003
- Scholarship, Mansoura University, Egypt, 1997
- Aziz, E-S.. (Mar 2009). "Teaching and Learning Enhancement in Undergraduate Machine Dynamics", Computer Applications in Engineering Education J, 17 (2), Published Online.
- Aziz, E-S., Esche, S. K., Chassapis, C.. "Content-rich interactive online laboratory systems", Computer Applications in Engineering Education J., 17 (1), 61-79.
- Arango, F., Altuger, G., Aziz, E-S., Esche, S. K., Chassapis, C.. (2008). "Piloting a game-based virtual learning environment", Computers in Education J., 18 (4), 82 - 91.
- Aziz, E. and Chassapis, C.. (2005). "A decision-making framework model for design and manufacturing of mechanical transmission system development", Engineering with Computers J., 21 164-176.
- Aziz, E-S., Chassapis, C.. (2008). "Introduction to the ME curriculum through product engineering case studies", Proc. of the 38th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Chassapis, C., Aziz, E-S., Esche, S. K.. (2008). "IT-enhanced laboratory experience within a mechanical engineering undergraduate curriculum", Proc. of the 2008 Structures Congress, Vancouver, Canada.
- Aziz, E-S., Esche, S. K., Chassapis, C.. (2007). "Enhancing the learning experience using simulation and experimentation to teach mechanical vibrations", Proc. of the 2007 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Honolulu, HI.
- Aziz, E-S., Esche, S. K., Chassapis, C.. (2006). "On the integration of remote and virtual experiments into a comprehensive student laboratory experience", Proc. of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition IMECEí06, Chicago, IL.
- Aziz, E. and Chassapis, C.. (2003). "An intelligent design system for agile design and manufacturing of mechanical transmission systems", Proc. of ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, The 9th International ASME Power Transmission and Gearing Conference, Chicago, IL.
ME 358 Machine Dynamics and Mechanisms
ME 361 Design of Machine Components
E 120 Engineering Graphics
E 126 Mechanics of Solids
E 102 Engineering Experiences