|Building: McLean Hall|
|Email: [email protected]|
Our group is interested in various aspects of design and synthesis of biologically active molecules, particularly in the use of radical reactions.
We are also interested in designing novel heterocyclic structures, which could serve as a starting point in drug discovery. Toward this end we have conceived and synthesised highly condensed novel heterocycles based on the structures of biologically active erythrina alkaloids. These are "unnatural" natural products, wherein some of the presumed metabolic sites of the natural products have been replaced by drug like functionalities, which are expected to be more stable against P-450 enzymes.
We are continuing our work toward design and synthesis of conformationally restricted drug molecule.
- C.H. Wang, S. Alluri, A.K. Ganguly. (2009). "A Convenient Synthesis of ortho-ortho Disubstituted Biphenyls Containing an Eight-membered Lactam Ring Using Radical Chemistry", Tetrahedron Letters, 50 1879-1881. See at ScienceDirect .
- A.K. Ganguly, C.H. Wang, D. Biswas, J. Misiaszek, A. Micula. (2006). "Synthesis of Novel Heterocycles Based on the Structures of Erythrina Alkaloids", Tetrahedron Letters, 47 (31), 5539-5542.
- A. Buevich, T.M. Chan, C.H. Wang, A.T. McPhail, A.K. Ganguly. (2005). "Structure Determination and Conformation Analysis of Symmetrical Dimers ", Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry, 43 (3), 187-199.
- A. K. Ganguly, C. H. Wang, J. Misiaszek, T. M. Chan, B. N. Pramanik, A. T. McPhail. (2004). "Synthesis of Highly Condensed Heterocycles Using Radical Reactions ", Tetrahedron Letters, 45 (48), 8909-8912.
- A. K. Ganguly, C. H. Wang, T. M. Chan, Y. H. Ing, A. V. Buevich. (2004). "Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds Using Radical Reactions and Evidence for the Formation of Spiro Radical Intermediates", Tetrahedron Letters, 45 (4), 883-886.
- A. K. Ganguly, N.Seah, V. Popov, C. H. Wang, R. Kuang, A. K. Saksena, B. N. Pramanik, T. M. Chan, A. T. McPhail. (2002). "Solution- and Solid-phase Synthesis of Enantiomerically Pure Spiro Oxindoles", Tetrahedron Letters, 43 (49), 8981-8983.
- A. K. Ganguly, C. H. Wang, M. David, P. Bartner, T. M. Chan. (2002). "Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds Using Radical Reactions", Tetrahedron Letters, 43 (38), 6865-6868.
- CH 245 Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
- CH 246 Organic Chemistry Laboratory II