Dr. Sven Dietrich
|Building: Babbio Center|
|School: Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Research Center: Center for the Advancement of Secure Systems and Information Assurance|
- 1989, B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics, Adelphi University.
- 1991, M.S. in Mathematics, Adelphi University.
- 1997, Doctor of Arts in Mathematics, Adelphi University.
My interests are in computer and network security, cryptography, anonymity, and privacy. In network security, my areas are in denial of service and malware (DDoS, botnets), and I have some interests in anti-phishing. For cryptography, I look at cryptographic aspects of malware, and have interests in verification of cryptographic protocols.
- Baris Coskun, Sven Dietrich, Nasir Memon. (Dec 2010). "Friends of An Enemy: Identifying Local Members of Peer-to-Peer Botnets Using Mutual Contacts", 26th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, Austin, TX.
- David Dittrich, Michael D. Bailey, and Sven Dietrich. (Nov 2009). "Have we Crossed the Line? The Growing Ethical Debate in Modern Computer Security Research.", In (Poster at) Proceedings of the 16th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS-09), Chicago, Illinois, USA.. Download (110 kb PDF).
- David Dittrich and Sven Dietrich. (Oct 2008). "P2P as botnet command and control: a deeper insight", 3rd International Conference on Malicious and Unwanted Software (Malware'08). IEEE Computer Society. (Best Paper Award). Malware 2008 .
- Jelena Mirkovic, Sven Dietrich, David Dittrich, and Peter Reiher. (Dec 2004). Internet Denial of Service: Attack and Defense Mechanisms, Pearson Education. Look closer! .
- CS 576 Secure Systems
- CS 577 Cybersecurity Laboratory
- CS 600 Advanced Algorithm Design and Implementation
- CS 665 Network Forensics
- CS 675 Threats, Exploits, and Countermeasures