Stevens Institute of Technology is pleased to offer full-time fellowship opportunities for qualified students entering the Master of Science degree program in Maritime Systems with a Graduate Certificate in Maritime Security. Funding for the graduate fellowship program is being provided through a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Career Development Grant.
The Maritime Systems Master's Degree Fellowship provides full-tuition support and stipends for qualified students to pursue a Master's degree in Maritime Systems on-campus at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ. Candidates are required to maintain full-time study, commit to a 24 month, 30-credit program, complete internship and program requirements, and agree to a minimum of one year employment in the maritime homeland security domain following the tenure of the Fellowship program. A Master's Thesis is required. Students must be U.S. Citizens to apply.
Interested students must also complete a formal Application for Admission via Stevens Office of Graduate Admissions. http://www.stevens.edu/sit/graduate/index.cfm
To apply for the Fellowship please complete the online application below and submit the required materials as outlined and instructed. Applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis. Please contact Beth Austin DeFares, CSR Director of Education, with questions at email@example.com or at 201.216.5362.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- College/University Transcript(s)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (from current or former academic advisors/professors)
- Essay (3 to 5 pages) The Fellowship Essay must address the following items:
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you want to pursue study in the field of Maritime Systems and Maritime Security?
- What are your career goals?
- Tell us about your commitment to engage in full-time study and your willingness to work a minimum of one year in the maritime homeland security domain following the end of the Fellowship program.
Please submit the above application materials via email or U.S. postal service to the attention of Beth Austin DeFares, CSR Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing address: School of Engineering and Science, Stevens Institute of Technology, 1 Castle Point on Hudson, Hoboken, NJ 07030.