Achivements and Noteworthy Accomplishments
Pi Tau Sigma congratulates the achievements of the members who are graduates of the class of 2015. The following is a brief summary.
- Tatyana Fedorenko was the 2015 valedictorian with a perfect 4.0 average and was the co-recipient of the Lawrence C. F. Horle Memorial Award which is presented to the senior who attained the highest grade point average during the entire undergraduate program at Stevens.
- Tatyana Fedorenko and Mary Easter were the co-recipients of the Eugene Fezandie Award for best overall performance by a graduating senior in mechanical engineering in the sequence of junior and senior year mechanical engineering courses.
- Gary Aramini was the recipient of the Fernando Sisto Award for his outstanding performance in turbomachinery and aerospace.
- Danielle M. DeFeo was the recipient of the Andrew Carnegie Machine Systems Award for being an outstanding student in machine systems and design.
- Matthew E. Defeligibus was the recipient of the Robert H. Thurston Leadership Award given to the ASME student chapter officer who has demonstrated high-leadership skills.
- Michael A. Giglia received the Robert Oakner Award for demonstrating the innovative spirit, creativity and resourcefulness during the course of his senior capstone design project.
- Brandon J. Hart and Garret T. Joyal were members of the design team that received the Senior Design Project Award for outstanding capstone design project in mechanical engineering for their project Lightweight Exoskeletal Upper Extremity Robotic System.
- Garret T. Joyal was also the recipient of the Richard B. Cole Award for demonstrating high academic performance, integrity and personal dedication.
- Michael-Robert C. Lewis received the Arthur J. Grymes award for demonstrating greatest interest and proficiency in fluid mechanics.
- Nathan D. Quay was the recipient of the Elie Fonrose Award for his promise of advancement in the field of aerospace engineering.
- Kirsten R. Salmins received the Col. John Stevens Power and Energy Systems Award for being the outstanding student of power and energy systems.
- Sara A. Savoia received the Kenneth J. Moser Award in recognition of her outstanding performance in heat transfer.
- Drew Zahradka was the recipient of the Richard S. Magee Excellence Award for demonstrating both extracurricular involvement and leadership in departmental and campus activities.
- Clayton C. Brancato was among the recipients of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Project Plan Pitch Award given annually for exemplification of innovation in design to the winners of the project pitch competition held during the Stevens Innovation Expo.
- Tatyana Fedorenko received the Career Development Award—Personal Career Growth for demonstrating a focused approach to professional development by identifying a career path and exploring careers relevant to academic studies and personal interests throughout her years at Stevens.
- Sara A. Savoia received the Women’s Leadership Award given to a senior in good academic standing who has demonstrated an ability and desire to succeed upon graduation and who serve as outstanding role models to their peers and achieve extracurricular merit through involvement in campus activities.
- The following members of the Stevens Pi Tau Sigma chapter graduating class of 2015 were also members of Tau Beta Pi, the Engineering Honor Society: Jordyn Auge, Danielle DeFeo, Rushabh Doshi, Mary Michelle Easter (Outreach Program Chair), Tatyana Fedorenko, Michael Giglia, Brandon Hartt, Garrett Joyal (President), Brian Juzefyk, Milton Kohlhepp, Michael-Robert Lewis, Angela LoPiccolo, Chloe Misthos, Charles Romaniello, Kirsten Salmins, Sara Savoia, Russell Simms, Louie Stengel, Richard Thomas, Drew Zahradka (Treasurer).
- Danielle M. DeFeo, Matthew E. Defeligibus, Rushabh Doshi, Tatyana Fedorenko, Michael A. Giglia, Angela M. LoPiccolo, Sara A. Savoia, Mark A. Siembab, Louis R. Stengel, received both a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering with High Honors as well as a Master's of Engineering.
- At the state level, Danielle M. DeFeo, Mary M. Easter and Sara A. Savoia were selected from Stevens to receive the NASA New Jersey Space Grant Fellowship for their outstanding academic record. As part of this state-wide award they each participated in a research project of aerospace relevance and presented a research paper and poster at the state-wide NASA New Jersey Space Grant meeting (Rutgers University) to highlight their work.
- The Senior Dinner hosted by ME faculty for graduating seniors, alumni and staff was held on May 12th, 2015.
- Senior Design Day was held concurrently with the Innovation and Design Expo on April 29, 2015.
- The chapter again successfully organized and implemented an academic tutoring program for the mechanical engineering undergraduate students during the fall and spring terms. The event covered all core engineering topics for the sophomore and junior class with a special review during the final exam period.
- The Stevens Phi Omicron chapter again assisted the Mechanical Engineering Department with the open house for accepted students, which was hosted by Stevens on Sunday, April 18-19, 2015. In addition to volunteering their time for the various laboratory tours and for interactions with the students and parents several senior capstone design projects.
- Spring 2015 Initiation and Elections were held on May 2, 2015. Congratulations to the new initiates and the new Executive Committee.
Graduate and Undergraduate Commencements of 2015 were held on Wednesday, May 20th, at 9 AM.
Our Congratulations to the Graduates of 2015!
- Aramini, Gary
- Auge, Jordyn N.
- Brancato, Clayton C.
- Coccia, Matthew G.
- Defeligibus, Matthew E.
- DeFeo, Danielle M.
- Doshi, Rushabh
- Easter, Mary Mischelle
- Fedorenko, Tatyana
- Gaugler, Richard A., III
- Giglia, Michael A.
- Hartt, Brandon J.
- Joyal, Garrett T.
- Juzefyk, Brian J.
- Kohlhepp, Milton S.
- Lee, Jonathan P.
- Lewis, Michael-Robert C.
- LoPiccolo, Angela M.
- Miscione, Jeffrey N.
- Misthos, Chloe A.
- Quay, Nathan D.
- Romaniello, Charles H., III
- Salmins, Kirsten R.
- Savoia, Sara A.
- Sidorski, Christine M.
- Simms, Russell A.
- Stengel, Louis R.
- Thomas, Richard A.
- Zahradka, Drew