Achivements and Noteworthy Accomplishments
Pi Tau Sigma congratulates the achievements of the meebers who are graduates of class of 2014. The following is a brief summary.
- Lindsay R. Crossan and Ryan J. Miskanich were the co-recipients of the Eugene Fezandie Award for best overall performance by a graduating senior in Mechanical Engineering in the sequence of junior and senior year Mechanical Engineering courses.
- Lindsay R. Crossan was also the recipient of the Richard S. Magee Excellence Award for demonstrating both extracurricular involvement and leadership in departmental and campus activities.
- Christopher L. Ariante received the Arthur J. Grymes award for demonstrating greatest interest and proficiency in fluid mechanics.
- Jared C. Crean was a co-recipient of the Elie Fonrose Award for his promise of advancement in the field of aerospace engineering.
- Theresa Ann M. D’Addio received the Col. John Stevens Power and Energy Systems Award for being the outstanding student of Power and Energy Systems.
- Miachael A. Giglia, Anthony J. Kaufmann, William J. Robbins and Mark A. Siembab were members of the design team that received the Senior Design Project Award for outstanding capstone design project in Mechanical Engineering.
- Patrick A. Penna was the recipient of the Fernando Sisto Award for his outstanding performance in Turbomachinery and Aerospace.
- Jeremy Wang received the Kenneth J. Moser Award in recognition of his outstanding performance in heat transfer.
- Syeda B. Zehra was the recipient of the Robert H. Thurston Leadership Award given to the ASME Student Chapter officer who has demonstrated high leadership skills.
- Lindsay R. Crossan, Kevin M. Grudzinski, Ryan J. Miskanich, Andrew P. Misthos, William J. Robbins and Syeda B. Zehra received both a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with High Honors as well as a Master of Engineering Degree.
- Anthony Kauffman and William J. Robbins were among the recipients of the Center for Environmental Systems Hydroglobe Award given annually to the senior capstone design project that exemplifies research and entrepreneurship.
- Jared C. Crean was a co-recipient of the Theta Alpha Phi, Yelena Petrovna Award given to the senior who has contributed most to the advancement of theater arts at Stevens.
- At the state level, Tatyana Fedorenko and Christina M. Lee were selected from Stevens to receive the NASA New Jersey Space Grant Fellowship for their outstanding academic record. As part of this state-wide award they each participated in a research project of aerospace relevance and presented a research paper and poster at the state-wide NASA New Jersey Space Grant meeting (at Rutgers University) to highlight their work.
- Jared C. Crean, was commended and recognized by the City of Hoboken as a member of the core group of six students from Stevens who took on the enormous challenge of coordinating hundreds of volunteers who reported to the City Hall during the recovery from Super-storm Sandy in hopes of assisting victims of the storm. Without electricity and with a total lack of supervision, these students assigned duties, managed projects, and even directly helped those in need by bringing water, food, batteries, blankets, medical prescriptions and other supplies to residents stranded in their homes.
- Many of the Stevens Pi Tau Sigma chapter graduating class of 2014 were also members of Tau Beta Pi, the Engineering Honor Society.
- The Senior Dinner hosted by ME faculty for graduating seniors, alumni and staff was held on May 13th, 2014.
- Senior Design Day was held concurrently with the Innovation and Design Expo on April 30, 2014.
- The chapter again successfully organized and implemented an academic tutoring program for the mechanical engineering undergraduate students during the fall and spring terms. The event covered all core engineering topics for the sophomore and junior class with a special review during the final exam period.
- The Stevens Phi Omicron chapter again assisted the Mechanical Engineering Department with the open house for accepted students, which was hosted by Stevens on Sunday, April 12-13, 2014. In addition to volunteering their time for the various laboratory tours and for interactions with the students and parents several senior capstone design projects.
- Spring 2014 Initiation and Elections were held on May 5, 2014. Congratulations to the new initiates and the new Executive Committee.
Graduate and Undergraduate Commencements of 2014 were held on Wednesday, May 21th, at 10:30am and 3:00pm, respectively.
Our Congratulations to the Graduates of 2014!
- Ariante, Christopher L.
- Crean, Jared C.
- Crossan, Lindsay R.
- D'Addio, Theresa Ann M.
- Grudzinski, Kevin M.
- Indoe, Melissa J.
- Kaufmann, Anthony
- Lau, Andrew Z.
- Lee, Christina M.
- Miskanich, Ryan J.
- Muhammad Sabri, Farah Nadia
- Penna, Patrick A.
- Robbins, William J.
- Siembab, Mark A.
- Wang, Jeremy
- Watson, Jonell B.
- Zehra, Syeda B.