8:30 am to 2:00 pm
Babbio Center Auditorium
Stevens Campus-Hoboken, NJ
The workshop objective is to identify business opportunities, create new ventures, and direct research efforts through interaction of investors, researchers, regulators and industry. You will learn about state-of-the-art technology to identify investment market opportunities at a very early stage in the venturing process.
Russ Furnari - PSEG, Jim Cosgrove, Omni Environmental, Rhea W. Brekke - Executive Director NJCAT, Commissioner Mark N. Mauriello - NJ Department of Environmental Protection, and Christos Christodoulatos - Associate Provost, Stevens.
Tom Carmody - TC Tech, Malcolm Kahn – VP Enterprise Development & Licensing, Russ Furnari, PSEG, Richard Magee, Stevens Trustee/Technical Director, NJCAT.
Julius Pavlov, Research Associate & Mahmoud Wazne, Presenter & Professor, both from the Center for Environmental Systems.
Clockwise - George P. Korfiatis - Provost, Tsan-Liang Su - Professor, Center for Environmental Systems (CES), Paul Winstanley - Director of Energy initiatives, Ellen Hogarty - Outreach and Communications Associate, School of Systems & Enterprises and Washington Braida – Research Professor, CES.
Research Colleagues Henry Du - Director Chemical Engineering & Material Science and Svetlana Sukhishvili - Professor Chemical Biology and Biomedical Engineering, discuss their research in SERS (Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering) and how it can be used in water detecting devices.
- Welcoming Remarks
- Presentation of E2 Project Overview
Key Note "Direction of Water Quality Regulations"
- Commissioner Mark N. Mauriello-NJDEP
Water Quality Technology Pitches
5 minute Technology Presentations : 8 Researchers Presentation
Technology Needs Perspectives & Discussion
- James F. Cosgrove, Jr., P.E., Omni Environmental, the Clean Water Council(CWC)
- Russ Furnari,PSEG, Clean Water Council
- Malcolm Kahn, Stevens Institute of Technology
Break-Out Sessions:Evaluating Technologies
- What application areas are suitable for the presented research?
- Based on the application areas, which is the most interesting one from an industry perspective ?
- What is the economic potential for these applications?
Interactive Feedback on Technologies
- Advice and Questions for Technologies