E2 - Micro/Nano Energy Harvesting Technology Workshop & Networking Reception
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Workshop:1:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Fielding Room, 3rd Floor, Howe Ctr.
Reception: 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Taylor Board Room, 14th Floor, Howe Ctr.
|1:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||Registration|
|1:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Introduction|
Presentation of E2 Project Overview
|2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.||"Energy Harvesting from Vehicles and Civil Structures"|
Key Note Speaker : Dr. Lei Zuo, PhD
Assistant Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering
State University of New York at Stony Brook
|2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.||Technology Pitches from Stevens Researchers|
- "Enhancement of PEM Fuel Cells by Nanoengineering the Membrane-Electrode Interface" Ronald Besser, PhD
- "Towards Microscale Ambient Vibration Energy Harvesting" Frank Fisher, PhD
- "Energy Harvesting Using Nano Piezoelectrics and Nano Thermoelectics" Yong Shi, PhD
|3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Audience Discussion: Evaluating Technologies|
- Which technologies have the most promise to address a current energy need?
- What is the economic potential for these technologies?
- What is required to take these technologies to market?
|5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Networking Reception|
Taylor Board Room : 14th Floor Howe Center