|ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PHILOSOPHY|
Ph.D. (Philosophy) 2005, Johns Hopkins University
M.A. (Philosophy) 2002, Johns Hopkins University
M.S. (Molecular Biology) 1998, University of Pittsburgh
M.A. (History and Philosophy of Science) 1997, University of Pittsburgh
Dip.Grad. (Medical Ethics) 1993, University of Otago, New Zealand
B.S. (Biochemistry) 1992, University of Otago, New Zealand
B.A. (Economics) 1992, University of Otago, New Zealand
Graduate Curriculum Committee
Honors & Awards
Phi Beta Kappa for the PhD.
Co-winner of the History of Science Society's 2009 Price-Webster Award for best article in Isis.
American Philosophical Association
Philosophy of Science Association
International Society for the History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology
Grants, Contracts & Funds
NSF doctoral improvement award
- Anglea N H Creager and Gregory J Morgan. (2008). "After the Double Helix: Rosalind Franklin's research on Tobacco Mosaic Virus", Isis, 99 239-272.
- Gregory J Morgan & W Brad Pitts. (2008). "Evolution without Species: The Case of Mosaic Bacteriophges", British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 59 745-765.
- Gregory J Morgan. (2009). "The Many Dimensions of Biodiversity", Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, 40 235-238.
- Gregory J Morgan. (2010). "Is Science Value Free: Heather Douglas, Science Policy and the Value Free Ideal", Science and Engineering Ethics, (16), 423-426.
- Gregory J Morgan. (2010). "Laws of Biological Design: A Reply to John Beatty", Biology and Philosophy, (25), 379-389.
- Gregory J Morgan. (2010). "Evaluating Maclaurin and Sterelney's conception of biodiversity in cases of frequent promiscuous lateral gene transfer", Biology and Philosophy , 25 603-621.
HPL 111 Philosophy I: Theories of Human Nature
HPL 112 Knowledge, Reality and Nature
HPL 339 Ethics
HPL 480 Environmental Policy: Philosophical and Economic Issues
HPL 380 Environmental Ethics
CAL 539 Foundations of Ethics
CAL 556 Ethics of Business & Technology
CAL 580 Environmental Ethics
CAL 581 Environmental Policy