Non-financial postaward operations are a function within the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) “Faculty Support Center (FSC). FSC postaward operations provide day-to-day management of sponsored project accounts and assists faculty by functioning as an interface between the sponsor and the university’s Office of Finance. Postaward works closely with the preaward, contract and compliance functions to provide an integrated migration through all aspects of sponsored project research administration. With a goal of service and professionalism, postaward staff consider themselves as a member of each individual PI’s team.
Primary functions of OSP/FSC postaward are:
- account set-up in COEUS and KUALI,
- account management and monitoring activities such as award modifications such as no-cost extensions and addition of funds,
- with the Office of Sponsored Accounting (OSA)to closeout expired projects,
- provide subject matter expertise in all account management and administration,
- sponsor interface for matters related to postaward management; and,
- training and education for both OSP and OSA staff and the research community.