Stevens Kappa Sigma Chapter Accepts Awards for Leadership and Service
At the Kappa Sigma national fraternity’s Biennial Grand Conclave, Stevens chapter Rho Omega received numerous honors, recognizing it as a pillar of the university community due to its commitment to fellowship, leadership, scholarship and service.
“We had a great week learning how to improve our operations and how to contribute more to our school and community,” said Stevens Kappa Sigma Grand Master Paul Pavlich ’14.
Kappa Sigma is one of the largest college fraternities, with more than 230,000 members. The Stevens’ Kappa Sigma chapter was officially installed in 2012 and has been active in building school spirit and community service activities in the local area.
Stevens took home the following awards at the conclave, which was held in July in Las Vegas.
· Most Improved Chapter: This is awarded to one of 316 undergraduate chapters who exemplify the four pillars of Kappa Sigma.
· Undergraduate Brother of The Year – Drew Capone: This is awarded to only one brother in each of the five districts.
· A Greater Cause Excellence Award: Recipient chapters are those in which every individual chapter member donates a minimum of 35 hours in volunteer service, and raises a minimum of $35 for charitable organizations.
· Outstanding Single Community Service Event Award – One Day Without: This event is held on campus each year to bring awareness to those less fortunate.
· Outstanding Grand Procurator Award – Paul Pavlich: This is awarded for excellent performance of administrative tasks.
· Outstanding Grand Master of Ceremonies Award – Cody Kylor: This is awarded for excellent chapter management.
· Outstanding Grand Scribe Award – Drew Capone: This is awarded for excellent communications and documentation.
· Master of the Ritual Award – Joe Hogan: This is awarded for obtaining the highest level of understanding on how to live the life of a Gentleman and Scholar.
· 100% Ritually Proficient Chapter Award: This is awarded to chapters where all men exemplify the foundations of the order.
· Outstanding Communications Program: This is awarded to undergraduate chapters that communicate effectively internally and externally.
· Outstanding Intramural Achievement Award: This is awarded for athletic achievement.
· Outstanding Alumni Adviser – Steven Couras: This is given to advisors who dedicate their time and knowledge to improving Kappa Sigma and the communities and universities at which chapters exist.
· Outstanding District Grand Master – Matt Cox. This is given for excellent coordination and communication among multiple undergraduate chapters
· Champion Chapter Award: This is awarded to chapters with at least 50 men.
· Chapter Academic Excellence Award: This is awarded to chapters that have a GPA higher than the all men's average.
· Kappa Sigma Undergraduate Advising Committee Brother – Julian Gallo. This elected position will represent Kappa Sigma in the northeast as 1 of 5 undergraduate brothers in the country.
Learn more about Kappa Sigma at http://www.stevens.edu/kappasigma/.