How to Support Hoboken’s Recovery from Hurricane Sandy
From generous individual donations to tireless volunteer activities, the Stevens community has had a tremendous impact in our hometown of Hoboken in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. However there are still many people who need our help. We continue to support storm recovery efforts, and we urge you to do the same. Here are just a few ways you can help locally and across the state.
- The Rebuild Hoboken Fund: To donate to this charity founded in the wake of Hurricane Sandy by a group of local organization and charities in partnership with the City of Hoboken, please visit www.rebuildhoboken.org. Monetary donations are welcome; please do not donate supplies.
- Heal Hoboken: Buy customized apparel from HealHoboken, an organization founded in the wake of Hurricane Sandy by the New Jersey Tech Meetup community. All proceeds go to the Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund. Visit www.healhoboken.org for more information.
- The American Red Cross: To donate to the American’s Red Cross’ disaster relief and hurricane recovery funds, please visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army: To donate to the Salvation Army’s Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, please visit www.salvationarmyusa.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769). Donors may also contribute $10 via their phone bill by text messaging the word STORM to 80888, and confirming the donation with the word, “Yes.”
- The Community FoodBank of New Jersey: To donate to the Community Foodbank of NJ’s Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, please visit http://www.njfoodbank.org/, call (908) 355-3663 ext. 243, or text FEEDNJ to 80888 to make a $10 donation. You may also drop off canned food and other non-perishables to the organization's location in Hillside. Visit the website for more details.
- Hoboken Strong: Buy a "Hoboken Strong" t-shirt or sweatshirt to help out hurricane victims in Hoboken. Shirt sales are sponsored by the Stevens women's lacrosse and women's soccer teams and all proceeds will be given to local charities.