2013 Cordis/Johnson & Johnson University Case Competition Deadline
Friday, March 8, 2013 – ( 10:00 am to 10:30 am )
About Cordis Corporation, a Johnson & Johnson Company:
For 50 years, Cordis Corporation, a Johnson & Johnson company, has pioneered less invasive treatments for vascular disease. Technological innovation and a deep understanding of the medical marketplace and the needs of patients have made Cordis the world's leading developer and manufacturer of breakthrough stents, catheters and guidewires for interventional medicine, minimally invasive computer-based imaging, and electrophysiology. Today, approximately 5,000 Cordis employees worldwide share a strong commitment to continue the Company's groundbreaking work in the fight against vascular disease.
How it works:
Interested in applying your classroom knowledge to a real world business case? Want to gain perspective on the healthcare industry and a Fortune 500 company? Here’s what you need to know about participating.
· The 2013 Cordis University Case Competition is an opportunity for students to participate in a case study based on actual Johnson & Johnson business decisions.
· Teams of 3 – 5 students* (undergraduate juniors and seniors) will have about one month to review the case, evaluate options, and present an online platform prototype to company management.
· The objective of the challenge is to build a mobile-based software prototype to streamline the current Cordis product pricing and contracting process.
· The team with the strongest business rational and platform will earn $2,000 for their school and the ability to compete against other universities at Cordis headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ.
*Each team must have at least one (1) Information Technology, Computer Engineering team member.
• Gain real world experience in the field of Sales Operations and Information Technology
• Develop analytical and IT modeling skills
• Present to a panel of judges comprised of Johnson and Johnson employees
• Add Johnson & Johnson employees to your network of contacts
• Add a great accomplishment to your resume!
· Students to sign-up by Friday, March 8th, 10PM EST (Contact Lisa Danwalder, Ldanwald@its.jnj.com)
· Information Session/Kick-off (located at Stevens, Hoboken, NJ): Monday, March 18th, 7PM EST
· Case Competition Round 1 (located at Stevens, Hoboken, NJ): ): Week of April 8, 2013
Case Competition Round 2 (located at Cordis headquarters, Bridgewater, NJ): Week of April 15, 2013