Policy for the Use of Study Rooms (2nd and 3rd floor)
Second floor group study rooms:
Third floor study rooms:
- 309, 311
- 312, 314, 316, 318
- Reservations of Study Rooms may be made by Stevens students, faculty, and staff. Students may request study rooms at the Circulation Services Desk. To make an advance reservation of a group study room, please make arrangements with library staff members Linda Beninghove, John Cruz, or Nydia Cruz. Advance reservations may not be taken by Circulation Services Desk attendants.
- The requester is required to add his or her name and email address to the sign-in sheet provided by the attendant at the Circulation Services Desk.
- Requesters are required to provide their Stevens ID and a $10 cash deposit in exchange for the key to the assigned study room. The Stevens ID and $10 cash deposit will be returned to the requester when the key is returned to the Circulation Services Desk attendant on time. If the key is returned late or if the key is lost, the requester will forfeit their $10 cash deposit.
- Study Room 210 and Media Room 209 require groups of 4 to 10 people. These rooms are for group study and meetings.
- Library Study Rooms will not be used as classroom space. Recurring meetings are not permitted, for example weekly meetings.
- At the end of the meeting or study session, the requester must return the key on time to the Circulation Services Desk attendant in return for the Stevens ID and $10 cash deposit.
- There is a 4-hour limit for Study Room use.
- It is not permissible to cover the windows of the third-floor study rooms (310, 312, 314, 316, 318).
- Regular rounds of the library building are made during the library's hours of operation, and the Study Rooms will be regularly inspected by library staff. Groups and individuals are asked to report any damaged equipment, furniture, or vandalism to the Circulation Services Desk attendant immediately. The requester will be held responsible for any damage or vandalism that occurs during the reservation period, resulting in loss of library room reservation privileges and a report will be filed with the Office of Student Life.
- The requester (and the group, if applicable) agree to leave the room in the condition it was found.
- The library reserves the right to update this policy as needed.