If a book is not available at our library, the ILL Department can borrow books from other libraries. The service is free, and delivery can take up to 14 business days.
The S.C. Williams library is responsible for any books that our students, faculty and staff borrow from other libraries. Lost, late, or damaged books jeopardize our library’s credibility so please treat the books with respect.
- Rush ordering is not available for this service
- All books must be picked up at the circulation desk. ILL books cannot be sent off campus.
- The loan period for interlibrary loans varies according to the policy of the lending library. The due date will be printed on the form that the Stevens library attaches to the book when it is received.
The S.C. Williams Library will NOT obtain the following:
- Books that the S.C. Williams Library owns whether in print form or electonic form. If our copy of the book is out on loan, you may put a hold on a book through our catalog so that the current borrower cannot renew it.
- Reference books
- Current Textbooks
- Rare or archival material
POLICIES – PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING
Please use the Online Book Request Form. If you are unable to use the Online Book Request form, please use the print version and submit the completed form to the circulation desk.
You will be notified through email when your book arrives, and it will be held at the circulation desk for you. You will be asked to sign for the book before it is released to you. ILL books will be held at the circulation desk for one week after the email is sent, and if they are not claimed within that time, they will be returned to the lending library.
The ILL department will try to renew your ILL book from the lending library twice; however, we cannot guarantee that your renewal request will go through as some libraries do not allow renewals of ILL materials.
If you would like to renew an ILL item you must call 1 week prior to the due date on your ILL book. Any renewal requests later than one week before the due date will not be sent.
To renew your book contact the ILL Department or Ann Sanzari.