I have more than 5 years of experience working in colleges and universities developing technology for teaching college students to become critical thinkers about information and media literacies, using active and problem-based instruction. I am active leader in developing educational resources for online use by all members of my community.
Pratt Institute, MS, Library & Information Science, 2009, • Beta Phi Mu Theta
Rutgers University, MA (in progress)
New Jersey City University, BA 1990-1994
•Espinel, R., Beninghove, L., Orlofsky, V.L., Horowitz, E. (2014, January). Flipping the Script: Using Videos as Instructional Tools to Flip the Information Literacy Class. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2014. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
•Espinel, R. & Beninghove, L. (2013) "Getting Dirty: Students Dig Though Achives to Discover a City and Their University and Create Web-Based Library Media". Poster Presentation at New Jersey Library Association 2013 Conference.
•Espinel, R., Deptula, M., & Wilkins. (2013) "Presence and Value of Mobile Apps in the New Jersey Academic Environment" . Virtual Academic Library Association Annual User's Conference. January 4, 2013.
•Espinel, R. & Stoler, D. (2012). "Search & Destroy: Students as Agents of Knowledge Sharing through Library Displays" . A paper given at the First Annual Berkeley College Conference on Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking. October 20, 2012.
• Espinel, R. (2012) "Mobility Now! Or the Importance of Developing a Mobile Library Website“ Poster Presentation. 2012 New Jersey Librarian Association Annual Conference
• Espinel, R. (2010) “Non-Linear Learning for A New Generation of Students” Poster presentation. Virtual Academic Library Association (VALE) Winter 2010 Conference.
• Co-Chair Technology Committee - New Jersey Library Association-College & University Section
• Member - Association of Colleges & Research Libraries Innovations Committee (2009-2011)
• Member - VALE NJ Users’ Conference Organizing Committee (Fall 2009)
• President - School of Information and Library Science Student Association - 2008 – 2009
•American Library Association (ALA)
•Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
•American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
• New Jersey Library Assoication