I have more than 5 years of experience working in colleges and universities developing technology for teaching college students to become critical thinkers about information and media literacies, using active and problem-based instruction. I am active leader in developing educational resources for online use by all members of the Stevens community.
Pratt Institute, MS, Library & Information Science, 2009, • Beta Phi Mu Theta
Rutgers University, MA (in progress)
New Jersey City University, BA 1990-1994
•Espinel, R., Valenti, A. (2015, January). Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads: Paving Your Own Path with Open Source Library Guides. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2015. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
•Espinel, R., Beninghove, L., Orlofsky, V.L., Horowitz, E. (2014, January). Flipping the Script: Using Videos as Instructional Tools to Flip the Information Literacy Class. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2014. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
•Espinel, R. & Beninghove, L. (2013) Getting Dirty: Students Dig Though Achives to Discover a City and Their University and Create Web-Based Library Media. Poster Presentation at New Jersey Library Association 2013 Conference.
•Espinel, R., Deptula, M., & Wilkins. (2013) Presence and Value of Mobile Apps in the New Jersey Academic Environment . Virtual Academic Library Association Annual User's Conference. January 4, 2013.
•Espinel, R. & Stoler, D. (2012). Search & Destroy: Students as Agents of Knowledge Sharing through Library Displays . A paper given at the First Annual Berkeley College Conference on Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking. October 20, 2012.
• Espinel, R. (2012) Mobility Now! Or the Importance of Developing a Mobile Library Website Poster Presentation. 2012 New Jersey Librarian Association Annual Conference
• Espinel, R. (2010) Non-Linear Learning for A New Generation of Students Poster presentation. Virtual Academic Library Association (VALE) Winter 2010 Conference.
• Co-Chair Technology Committee - New Jersey Library Association-College & University Section
• Member - Association of Colleges & Research Libraries Innovations Committee (2009-2011)
• Member - VALE NJ Users’ Conference Organizing Committee (Fall 2009)
• President - School of Information and Library Science Student Association - 2008 – 2009
•American Library Association (ALA)
•Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
•American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
• New Jersey Library Assoication