|July 1, 2008|
Stevens Library Launches New Website
S.C. Williams Library is happy to announce the launch of its new website. The new site brings into focus the most important content of the former version and is more intuitive to navigate. We hope you’ll find this site to be more logically organized – it should make finding the information you need quicker and easier.
Our new site design focuses on technologies that enable communication and interactivity, and simplifies access to resources and services so that using the website for your research is less complicated.
Features of the new site:
- Clear, concise and logical navigation
- Simple, elegant design
- Greater accessibility of online resources
- Guidance for using library resources (tutorials, subject guides, chat reference via instant messaging, ‘how do I?’ menu, ‘help’ section, ‘ask us’ page)
- Multiple, logical access points to information and resources
- Meebo© instant messaging application on homepage, which allows users to chat with librarians during reference hours without having to log in or sign up for any instant messaging account
- News and Events section on homepage that highlights what’s going on at the library
- Recent publications section highlights whenever a member of the Stevens community publishes in an academic journal (indexed by the Scopus© database)
- Rotating pictures showcase distinctive pieces of art housed within the library
- New MultiSearch tool allows searching across multiple resources at once
We are excited to roll out these new features, along with our new design, and we welcome any and all feedback from our users. Please feel free to send us your comments through our online form, email, or post them to our blog.