- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Art History,
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Psychology,
Minor - Spanish
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
I have been serving as the Acting Director, and now Interim Director, of the Samuel C. Williams Library since September, 2013. Previously, as the Head of Reference and Research Services at the Stevens library, I supported students, faculty, and staff in their discovery and learning of the research process using diverse traditional & modern resources, coordinating the library instruction program and collaborating with librarians and faculty to design and deliver effective and relevant research training to the community through in-class instruction, workshops & online training, and online research guides.
- Stevens Commencement volunteer, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014
- Almost Midnight Breakfast volunteer, December 2012, May 2013, December 2013, May 2014
- Stevens Family Reunion volunteer, October 2012
- Stevens Presidential Inauguration volunteer, October 2011
- Middle States committee member, Standards 11 and 12, 2006 to 2008
Publications and Presentations
Espinel, R., Beninghove, L., Orlofsky, V.L., Horowitz, E. (2014, January). Flipping the Script: Using Videos as Instructional Tools to Flip the Information Literacy Class. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2014. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
Espinel, R. and Beninghove, L. (2013, June). Gettin' Dirty: Students Dig Through Archives to Discover a City and Their University and Create Web-Based Library Media. New Jersey Library Association Conference 2013. Atlantic City, New Jersey. Poster session.